Not a good friday..

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats. I had the same great Friday you had, except the fucktard that bumped my truck drove away and didn't tell me **** or leave a note. Now, I have a ding about the size of a fist right behind my driver's rear-wheel...thankfully, no scratch. I don't think it's anything a paintless dent repair person can't handle, but it still pisses me the hell off.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
The claims dept. called this morning and wanted me to bring in the vehicle to their recommended shops and Caliber was on there. They also mentioned Red McCombs off Vance Jackson. I told them on Saturday I can drop it off but do I have to use their shops or can I have them write me out a check and I do my own homework who to take it to?

anyone?
We have State Farm and they would cut us a check on the spot. Of couse I don't go through them because of Alex. Have you checked your options with them? I haven't heard anything about Caliber in years. Alex worked at a location 3 years ago and they sucked. That was some time ago of course.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Congrats. I had the same great Friday you had, except the fucktard that bumped my truck drove away and didn't tell me **** or leave a note. Now, I have a ding about the size of a fist right behind my driver's rear-wheel...thankfully, no scratch. I don't think it's anything a paintless dent repair person can't handle, but it still pisses me the hell off.
sorry to hear man

Originally Posted by camracingah
We have State Farm and they would cut us a check on the spot. Of couse I don't go through them because of Alex. Have you checked your options with them? I haven't heard anything about Caliber in years. Alex worked at a location 3 years ago and they sucked. That was some time ago of course.
Not really but I'm going to call them tonight... I would rather have them cut me out a check since the damage doesn't look too bad. I really don't care about the paint being perfect right now since it's going to get a new paint job soon.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

when i had my 99 i had state farm. when someone broke in my car and busted out the door locks i drove to them they did a assessment of the damage and cut me a check. the check was th price to have the door skinned. i found someone who would just re fiberglass the lock holes tho, came out good
Old 09-30-2008, 03:20 AM
TECH Resident

Damn, just get the insurance check and fix it yourself! I bet paintless dent repair wouldn't be more than 200, and the other stuff will buff out. On the other hand it has nice to have professional work done with warranty on it.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Banned

Alfie my man! Go to their approved shop so you can aquire an estimate. After they tell you what it will cost to fix the damage request that they cut you a check for the damages as you would like to repair the damages yourself in your own time at another shop and have not yet made up your mind whom you will be using. You are allowed to chose where you get your vehicle fixed in any auto accident despite the fact that they are RECOMMENDING a shop to you. Probably will help pay for the repair and half of your NEW paint job you desperately are seeking. This coming from a State Farm salesman...
Old 09-30-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

i need to switch to statefarm. if i were you id take it to ancira..
Old 09-30-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSAUTOCHROME
Alfie my man! Go to their approved shop so you can aquire an estimate. After they tell you what it will cost to fix the damage request that they cut you a check for the damages as you would like to repair the damages yourself in your own time at another shop and have not yet made up your mind whom you will be using. You are allowed to chose where you get your vehicle fixed in any auto accident despite the fact that they are RECOMMENDING a shop to you. Probably will help pay for the repair and half of your NEW paint job you desperately are seeking. This coming from a State Farm salesman...
Thanks! I got a scheduled appraisal on Thursday and I already told them I'm not using their shop and I'm doing homework with shops nearby my side of town.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ouch man, I hear those quarter panels are nasty to fix. Nice sig btw heh
Old 09-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Launching!

I work at a BMW shop and Geico is no longer allowed on the premises. All the guys that ever came out were complete *** holes and they tried to depreciate the value like someone else mentioned. They also didn't want to pay more for parts that were damaged once you got into the repair. But I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

I have State Farm and they are great for me. I have a Z28 that had an aftermarket SS hood on it when I bought it and they even gave me $2k for an OEM hood when it got damaged in a wreck.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

alright everything went smoothly with the appraisal and they didnt' give me any issue with me selecting my own repair shop. Should get chk on Tuesday.