What todo (legal issues warrent)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What todo (legal issues warrent)

Well I got a ticket in march this year for testing out the camaro (cop said that ) when I first bought it... 62 in a 50 on service road got paced because he was on the highway... Anyways I gave the ticket to Owsley and Associates down in houston (Paid $200, have receipts) well today I got a nice letter in the mail from the court saying I got a warrent

called the lawyer this morning and am waiting to hear back.. but they have done other ticket for me other years and such but still now I have a warrent
Old 10-03-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you still have documents from them stating you paid and they will take care of the ticket? If so, I'll call the court and let them know issue and go from there.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

that is pretty expensive for a 62 in a 50 ticket.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sucks, either they didnt receive payment or you got juiced by your attorneys.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

If he got your speed by pacing, then you didn't need a lawyer to get out of that one.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

well the warrent thing I got today says

$282... SPEEDING - RADAR

nowhere on my ticket (still have it) says radar or anything he told me he paced me i just gave it to the attorney I always give it to.. I already printed up my bank receipt today for the payment I made to the attorney

might be calling texas BAR pretty soon here.. as far as paying it I cant do it atm i gotta register my new car and start my job so they are SOL on getting there money atm

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
If he got your speed by pacing, then you didn't need a lawyer to get out of that one.
didnt have time to fk with it I got school and work Ifigured the same thing though that the attorney could just get it dismissed

Originally Posted by aggiez28
that is pretty expensive for a 62 in a 50 ticket.
only one i have been able to find to take tickets from waco

UPDATE: called the court they said a court date was set up for May 8, 2008 and noone showed, called attorney back they said the court never sent them anything and they are going to call them ASAP and get back to me..

Last edited by Gun5; 10-03-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Launching!

you'd be surprised by how much this happens...going crazy isn't going to help anything. give your atty more time and if nothing is fixed then call the bar, but don't threaten if you won't follow through. courts make mistakes too so its not always the attys fault if there is a missed court date. if anything it will be reset and you'll get it dismissed or deferred. just be happy its only an alias warrant and not a capias.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Silver35thZ
you'd be surprised by how much this happens...going crazy isn't going to help anything. give your atty more time and if nothing is fixed then call the bar, but don't threaten if you won't follow through. courts make mistakes too so its not always the attys fault if there is a missed court date. if anything it will be reset and you'll get it dismissed or deferred. just be happy its only an alias warrant and not a capias.
hell ya id rather have this kind of warrent
Old 10-03-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

well the attorney's sent something in today and said the warrent will be dropped monday .. but im gonna have it all weekend atleast
Old 10-03-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had almost the EXACT same thing happen to me except I paid the ticket and the court cashed my check. Two months later I get a letter saying Ive got a warrant out for my arrest. Im like WTF?!?! Call the court and get it all figured out. They didnt enter the right case number for my ticket to get out of the system so when it came up as still needing payment I got the warrant. It was dropped the next monday. Still funny to me though.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bballr4567

I had almost the EXACT same thing happen to me except I paid the ticket and the court cashed my check. Two months later I get a letter saying Ive got a warrant out for my arrest. Im like WTF?!?! Call the court and get it all figured out. They didnt enter the right case number for my ticket to get out of the system so when it came up as still needing payment I got the warrant. It was dropped the next monday. Still funny to me though.
hopefully that happens to me

i wondering if i got locked up if they would drop it cuz it was there mistake.. because they would let me out tomorrow due to the status of it is pending with a attorney