LOL @ Kimbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96-speed
He showed Kimbo what technical fighting can do. He knocked Kimbo to the ground with a backpeddling jab. Keep in mind that he's a LHW with strengths in wrestling and karate. LOL.

Kimbo's whole premise is a backyard brawler with a strength in standup and trading punches--one of his most popular backyard brawl vids shows him put his hands down and let some other thug take a clean shot right at his face while Kimbo doesn't even flinch.

While Kimbo was training for Shamrock, Petruzelli was training for someone else, too--he was going to fight on the undercard last night. They were both in the same boat with a last minute change. Petruzelli isn't known as a standup fighter and I'm sure Kimbo was already traiing extensively on the ground in preparation for Shamrock. Standup is Kimbo's bread and butter (or collard greens and grape drink ). Beating Kimbo doesn't do much for Petruzelli. He was submitted and lost a decision in his UFC fights by non-top tier guys.

Ryan
Well said!

lulz
Old 10-05-2008, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

like ive always told people there is always someone better then you out there on any given night
Old 10-05-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Shamrock got cut above his eye while training earlier today.

I understand Kimbo is elitexc's big draw so they gave every excuse in the book as to why he lost the fight. I don't think elitexc is in trouble though, to be honest the fights were a lot more entertaining than the **** UFC has been putting on recently.

and DAMN I'm in love with Gina Carrano!
I really do agree on that one. Wayyy better then UFC. I also thought Donald Trumph was backing Elitexc
Old 10-05-2008, 03:39 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Chhh Chhh
imagine how that lil white dude feels takin down that ****** monster i would be so pumped my hair would change colors
No...Lesnar is a monster.

Originally Posted by WizeAss
someone got paid in vegas.... and I think it was Kimbo! That **** has to be bogus...... Seth barely hit his dumb ***!

Look at Kimbo's head apon impact, it spun hard, it was a legit smash to the face that dropped him.

And DAYUMMM the fact the bastard got whooped by a 205 lb fighter....

Made my day.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

"the silverback" lol
Old 10-05-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Kimbo is a scrub. And yes I would fight him. I am in his weight class
Old 10-05-2008, 06:25 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I still wanna see Brock pound on him.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default He

Originally Posted by 25psi
I disagree. What did Seth provide that showed the difference between and "professional" fighter and a brawler? Was it the submission? Superior standup? Excellent kicks?

Some of the elite fighters in the sports have been manhandled by guys who train in strictly standup. Im not making excuses for Kimbo, but he trained for Shamrock.
also says anyone anytime anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he would not have time to train for some of them like this one???????????????
Old 10-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Mustang Moderator

The fight makes you wonder what would of happen if he actually fought Ken Shamrock???

That was pathetic IMHO....Kimbo is all hype...he'd get OWNED in the UFC by half the fighters....

Andre Arlovski did look good though! I've always liked him when he was in the UFC...nice to see him put a string of wins together...
Old 10-05-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1 KLR
The fight makes you wonder what would of happen if he actually fought Ken Shamrock???

That was pathetic IMHO....Kimbo is all hype...he'd get OWNED in the UFC by half the fighters....

Andre Arlovski did look good though! I've always liked him when he was in the UFC...nice to see him put a string of wins together...

Where did you watch the fight neighbor

B
Old 10-05-2008, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

Plain & simple, that's the difference from your backyard badass, to a true skilled fighter. I've seen this for years. My brother has been in been fighting MMA way before all the nut huggers grabbed on. 1993 was when it finally started to get some recognition, 1987 is when I got my first dose of it.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by Strini SS
Where did you watch the fight neighbor

B
Had to stay at the casa! Did you go to Frankensteins??
Old 10-06-2008, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

Kimbo couldn't even remember who he was fighting after the fight was stopped!

and an emotional night for Kimbo's posse

Last edited by THE BLACK WIDOW; 10-06-2008 at 02:04 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WizeAss
someone got paid in vegas.... and I think it was Kimbo! That **** has to be bogus...... Seth barely hit his dumb ***!
I have to agree. Watch closley at the vid. After the takedown straight right,(witch Kimbo leaned right into btw) watch all the rest of Petruzelli's punches. . . Kimbo does not even cover up and Seth's short-arm punches are all over the place, striking Slice in the shoulder, and everywhere but the face. It all looks like an acting job to me. . . thought for a second I was watching the WWE.

Even if it was a ligit fight put on by the EliteXC, they can't stop Kimbo from betting against himself. Who knows, maybe he just wanted some quick $$$. . . and I don't at all think we've seen the last of Kimbo Slice. . .
Old 10-06-2008, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Kimbo will be able to make more money fighting small shows then he would the big ones.

A profighter should be able to make $5-$10k a month. No need to fight in the UFC or others.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You have a point, I thought this at first, who knows - i mean some people will do anything for money. After watching him set and take blow after blow to the chin from the big dude he fought in the backyard fights i thought it would take a helluva punch to knock him out, i mean - watch this and tell me the dude doesnt have a chin? How the hell can that short jab rock him out like that? i mean he looked like he went stiff!!

start at 25 seconds and tell me those are not harder punches than what knocked him out?

I think something is up

Look at what it took to lay him out

Old 10-06-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 KLR

andre looks like a mean motha fawka, i think i'd rather take kimbo on in the streets than him. i mean - **** - he's a bigg dude
Old 10-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

So now he's the best fighter in the US and a flawless actor to boot. The difference is all the people he's fighting in backyards are amatures. He met someone who is trained in fighting and it showed. Watch the punch that dropped him, he followed through with it causing Kimbo's head to snap to the right. Watch the punch that rolled him over. You're right that he was throwing them all over the place hitting his shoulder etc, but the one that turned him was dead on the side of his head boxing his ear.

I think even with money on it Kimbo has too much pride to take a fall, especially one that embarassing. This looks to be a case when overconfidence meets inexperience.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Kimbo was TICKED they put Seth in there. Including Shamrock, I think the combined record of all he would have faced was something like 8-40 in the past decade or something crazy.

I loved how petruzelli came out there. he picked his nose to be funny, the announcer called him and he jumped around jokingly. Then they call the 2 in the center. Petruzelli, pink hair splotches and pink mouthguard & all wants to touch gloves and Kimbo denies him, hoping that his stare alone will knock Seth out.

NOPE! It was a tiny jab that put the beard down. Funny stuff!

For those of you who think it was fixed, you clearly didn't see the main elite xc dude jared shaw screaming at the top of his lungs telling the ref to stop because kimbo was being hit on the back of the head.

Trust me ... saying this fight was fixed would be like saying elite xc has been pushing for their business to flop!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dochall22
You have a point, I thought this at first, who knows - i mean some people will do anything for money. After watching him set and take blow after blow to the chin from the big dude he fought in the backyard fights i thought it would take a helluva punch to knock him out, i mean - watch this and tell me the dude doesnt have a chin? How the hell can that short jab rock him out like that? i mean he looked like he went stiff!!

start at 25 seconds and tell me those are not harder punches than what knocked him out?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laEVIhd4uBM

I think something is up

Look at what it took to lay him out

-- it is more about where the fist hits, not how hard necessarily. It was just perfectly placed. I think at Dream 6 last weekend, some dude on his back knocked out someone that was in his guard because the punch was perfectly placed.

as for wanting to fight kimbo over andrei ... heck yeah! andrei would have ended kimbo. he is just heads and shoulders better than kimbo. roy nelson would have beaten kimbo badly too though.