LOL @ Kimbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 AM
10-Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRAGER
So epic! I loved how badass he thought he was by not wanting to touch gloves before the fight and seconds later he was pwned. And I love how he was crying after the fight. lol good stuff!
I love it when the fighters that have no class get pummeled. Also serves him right for disrespecting Ken by turning his back on him at the weigh in....getting cut & banged up is all part of training. All he did was prove what a street thug douche bag he really is. If he's really trying to break into MMA & do well, he should start by learning to respect other fighters.

Originally Posted by 11SecVette
-- it is more about where the fist hits, not how hard necessarily. It was just perfectly placed.
I agree, Seth tagged him right on the button & Kimbo was also walking into it, so it wasn't just the force of his punch. Seth isn't a bad fighter, I don't remember the specifics, but I did like some of the talent he displayed on TUF. Not saying he's title material yet, but he's still far more skilled than Kimbo. He was intelligent enough to know Kimbo was going to come right at him with utter disregard, thinking he already had the 'W' & Seth was smart enough to counter & wait for his shot. Just like they always say, "keep your hands up"! Guess Kimbo was picking lint out of his beard when his coach was trying to teach him those words of wisdom, lol.

Looking at his record, Seth beat Dan Severn back in 04, now that dude's a 'Beast'
Old 10-09-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

i donno guys...i dont wanna build Kimbo up, cuz i dont really like him, BUT it looked like a lucky break to me. i dont know...i dont really watch this a lot so i could be wrong
Old 10-09-2008, 09:06 AM
10-Second Club

How is that luck? That's total disrespect for Seth man. That was about as clean of a shot as they come & just show's Kimbo's lack of experience due to him not covering up & just wading into Seth so recklessly. He showed total disregard to Seth's skill & got his button pushed, it's that simple.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What really sucks is Kimbo got $500K plus the cash bonus to take the fight since they made the swap.

What also really sucks is elitexc does not have any heavy weight fighters. Anyone have a inside contact for elitexc I will fight kimbo for $100k show $100k KO bonus
Old 10-09-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I think it was funny as hell when the match was about to start and Kimbo thinking he was a bad ***, didn't touch gloves with Seth not knowing he was about to get KO'd in less than 15 seconds.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joeformula
I think it was funny as hell when the match was about to start and Kimbo thinking he was a bad ***, didn't touch gloves with Seth not knowing he was about to get KO'd in less than 15 seconds.
Thats what Thugs do.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Modsquad
How is that luck? That's total disrespect for Seth man. That was about as clean of a shot as they come & just show's Kimbo's lack of experience due to him not covering up & just wading into Seth so recklessly. He showed total disregard to Seth's skill & got his button pushed, it's that simple.
He won the fight and that's obvious but the punch IMHO had a lot of luck on it. The guy was falling backwards on one foot and lands a KO punch while doing so with is weight falling away from the opponent. I don't believe it was rigged by any means but I do think it was the perfect punch that was thrown with a bit of luck involved. Not saying that Seth can't fight because I'm sure he was there for a reason but everyone lands luck shots. But yes Kimbo is far from what people make him out to be when inside a real fight based against a street fight with the "baddest dude on the block"...
Old 10-10-2008, 11:42 AM
10-Second Club

I don't think it was luck on Seth's part, I think it was stupidity on Kimbo's part. Seth was doing exactly what he was trained to do. And he wasn't falling back, he was backing & using a front kick to keep some striking distance, he didn't want Kimbo laying on him on the fence for a possible take down or dirty boxing against the cage.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by connexion2005
He won the fight and that's obvious but the punch IMHO had a lot of luck on it. The guy was falling backwards on one foot and lands a KO punch while doing so with is weight falling away from the opponent. I don't believe it was rigged by any means but I do think it was the perfect punch that was thrown with a bit of luck involved. Not saying that Seth can't fight because I'm sure he was there for a reason but everyone lands luck shots. But yes Kimbo is far from what people make him out to be when inside a real fight based against a street fight with the "baddest dude on the block"...
EXACTLY my thought.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Modsquad
I don't think it was luck on Seth's part, I think it was stupidity on Kimbo's part. Seth was doing exactly what he was trained to do. And he wasn't falling back, he was backing & using a front kick to keep some striking distance, he didn't want Kimbo laying on him on the fence for a possible take down or dirty boxing against the cage.
I understand the defense but he indeed was leaning back as that punch was thrown. It was a great punch to throw obviously but I still hold strong by the fact is was very fortunate that such a defense yielded a knockout...Come on that was not the design of that defense at all it was basically a well placed shot that somehow hit right enough to drop Slice. This is coming from someone who is not even much of a Slice fan btw...
Old 10-14-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if you think kimbo took a dive youre a retard... it was definitely the other way around, elitexc is such a ******* joke, and im glad now all of the little kimbo fanboys are finally realizing that that dumbass isnt a real fighter...

http://mmamania.com/2008/10/06/seth-...bo-slice-down/
Old 10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Silas2k
if you think kimbo took a dive youre a retard... it was definitely the other way around, elitexc is such a ******* joke, and im glad now all of the little kimbo fanboys are finally realizing that that dumbass isnt a real fighter...

http://mmamania.com/2008/10/06/seth-...bo-slice-down/
Dana White on EliteXC's latest B.S.

OWNED!
http://www.mmatko.com/dana-white-goe...tigated-video/
Old 10-14-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

great find Ross!
Old 10-14-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thoinx How About A Ham Sandwhich!?!?