Stephenville area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stephenville area?

Hey was just wondered if anyone from my area was on here? I've seen a few f-bodies around...
Old 10-07-2008, 05:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in Granbury. No longer have a street car, though.

A bunch of F-cars will be taking on Mustangs road racing in Decatur this weekend at Eagle's Canyon Raceway. You should come out and watch.

Be sure to mingle in the pits and introduce yourself. I drive the #9 Firebird

Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds like fun. I can't make it though. Grandma just got home from the hospital so I have to go see her. You need to get another street car. I am tired of the only f-body around here that actually DRIVES their car, and not just drive it around from a to b.

D
Old 10-07-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ihasfip
Hey was just wondered if anyone from my area was on here? I've seen a few f-bodies around...
I live in the ville and go to TSU. Dont have an Fbody anymore but used to roll around down here in an 01 stalled, true dualed Formula on drag radials daily.... now I have a diesel and an lsx racecar. Not too many Fbodys down here but there are some trucks that are LS powered....like my buddies 05 chev that has a lq9 with a lot of mods. Pretty sure Ive seen your car parked at HEB or maybe discount tire.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Yea I work at Discount. Who's your friend with the 05'? Are you talking about Dustin or something? If so I raced him yesterday. But I know Tyler with the blue chevy and couple other guys....but no f-bodies. What color dodge do you have? Also the car that is always at HEB is bone stock I think. Looks the same as mine except I have black stripes. Same wheels and everything.

D

p.s. You weren't that dude that was with Dustin yesterday were you?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

i used to go to tarleton, my old boss at rent a center has a black and red ws6, his name is josh, tell him devon sent you in there, he drives a white 4 door dodge truck also, he's a cool dude and he likes to just cruise around.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:37 AM
On The Tree

Hey man, what's up? I live here in Stephenville, go to TSU and i know Dustin! Small world! haha. How long have you been here? I have the '04 dodge ram single cab hemi with the srt-10 body kit and aftermarket 22's. If you've been here more than a year you might remember hearing my truck, cammed with open LT's. But i blew that motor up and it's now bone stock, but looking into getting an f-body soon for a replacement. I also live about 30sec from where you work. haha (Grove)

BTW i was just talking to Dustin yesterday about the race. said it was close up to around 60, then he said you absolutely DESTROYED him after that. haha.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea I work at Discount. Who's your friend with the 05'? Are you talking about Dustin or something? If so I raced him yesterday. But I know Tyler with the blue chevy and couple other guys....but no f-bodies. What color dodge do you have? Also the car that is always at HEB is bone stock I think. Looks the same as mine except I have black stripes. Same wheels and everything.

D

p.s. You weren't that dude that was with Dustin yesterday were you?
I wasnt the guy with Dustin, but yea, he's the guy im talking about. How did the race go? His ride is pretty quick as far as trucks go... Oh, and my dodge is a maroon 01 3/4 ton with a really big front replacement bumper. Im sure you've seen it...but here's a pic
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...6/SN850696.jpg
Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by badblackhemi
Hey man, what's up? I live here in Stephenville, go to TSU and i know Dustin! Small world! haha. How long have you been here? I have the '04 dodge ram single cab hemi with the srt-10 body kit and aftermarket 22's. If you've been here more than a year you might remember hearing my truck, cammed with open LT's. But i blew that motor up and it's now bone stock, but looking into getting an f-body soon for a replacement. I also live about 30sec from where you work. haha (Grove)

BTW i was just talking to Dustin yesterday about the race. said it was close up to around 60, then he said you absolutely DESTROYED him after that. haha.
Yea I see you drive by like thirty times a day. I've only been here about 8 months. But I have only had the car about 5 months. As for the race. Ha. He thought I was spraying at first. And I haven't filled my bottle in like 3 months. That **** is off and empty. And no it wasn't close up to 60. He thought it was close because I was next to him like playing with him. Just getting on it enough to stay next to him and smirk. Then I would hammer on it and leave him....

D
Old 10-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Im in stephenville, live in the river north area.have a blue ws6 and a red gto.

Last edited by GaryTsu; 10-09-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Yea I see you drive by like thirty times a day. I've only been here about 8 months. But I have only had the car about 5 months. As for the race. Ha. He thought I was spraying at first. And I haven't filled my bottle in like 3 months. That **** is off and empty. And no it wasn't close up to 60. He thought it was close because I was next to him like playing with him. Just getting on it enough to stay next to him and smirk. Then I would hammer on it and leave him....

D
haha, yeah. My class hours are all random throughout the day, then work til 6, and back to the school at 9 for the gym. And LOL i'll let him know about just playin' with him. And all i have to say about the nitrous is just race him again with the bottle to show the difference.
Have any track times with the car? Wish you would have been here when i had all the stuff done to my truck so we could have raced, went mid 12's before the cam swap.
But, I'm in the process of getting an ls1, so we'll have to setup a race!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brady346
I wasnt the guy with Dustin, but yea, he's the guy im talking about. How did the race go? His ride is pretty quick as far as trucks go... Oh, and my dodge is a maroon 01 3/4 ton with a really big front replacement bumper. Im sure you've seen it...but here's a pic
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...6/SN850696.jpg
Dustin's motor is completely stock with the exception of LT's, gears, and stall. Pretty quick for what's done, but i've been trying to get him to buy heads/cam for it. It'd be easy for him to put down 400+rwhp with that motor!!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:15 PM
12 Second Club

We all need to get together and chill/ go to the track. I am tired of hanging out with the few car guys that are here. I can show him the ******* bottle is empty. And matter of fact the tach wire for my window switch is still not hooked up since the cam swap.

D
Old 10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

I think he was actually wanting to go to the track really soon to get some baseline times before he starts to mod the new motor. Oh and about the spray, it doesnt matter about the bottle, i believe you and he doesnt care either way he lost. I was just saying, from what i heard you destroyed him, i just want to see how bad it gets when you add another 100hp. haha. Sounds like a pretty fast car. what kind of times are you hoping for. I have know knowledge of the lt1's. low 13's/high 12's on motor? low 12's on spray?

Last edited by badblackhemi; 10-09-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dustin's motor is completely stock with the exception of LT's, gears, and stall. Pretty quick for what's done, but i've been trying to get him to buy heads/cam for it. It'd be easy for him to put down 400+rwhp with that motor!!
Was that supposed to be a surprise to me? I went to RPM to get it tuned with him....And have been on him to get an engine with a 4.00" bore so he can run L92 heads and get a cam that's custom spec'd to his setup, not some off the shelf piece. That truck has MAJOR potential once he gets enough tranny to hold it.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brady346
Was that supposed to be a surprise to me? I went to RPM to get it tuned with him....And have been on him to get an engine with a 4.00" bore so he can run L92 heads and get a cam that's custom spec'd to his setup, not some off the shelf piece. That truck has MAJOR potential once he gets enough tranny to hold it.
haha, calm down there bud. Just saying he didnt have "alot" of mods done....yet.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

I think he was actually wanting to go to the track really soon to get some baseline times before he starts to mod the new motor. Oh and about the spray, it doesnt matter about the bottle, i believe you and he doesnt care either way he lost. I was just saying, from what i heard you destroyed him, i just want to see how bad it gets when you add another 100hp. haha. Sounds like a pretty fast car. what kind of times are you hoping for. I have know knowledge of the lt1's. low 13's/high 12's on motor? low 12's on spray?
It better go low 12's on motor. Or I will be pissed. It went 8.6 on bald street tires with an 80 shot. Only spraying 3rd gear. That was launching at near idle. It ran a 9.8 on street tires no spray. Launching the same. And it ran 9.0 on bald 315 nitto drag radials with no spray launching at 2k rpm. So I shaved .8 off of my time by going to dr radials. If I can shave .8 off of my nitrous time that should be a 7.8 . And I think I can do alot better. It feels like it pulls alot harder with the cam than it did with just the spray. So if I can cut 7.5's on the motor and and another half a sec. on the bottle. Plus I am still going to up to a 150 shot. Then come income taxes its getting 12bolt or 9" and a clutch. Then it oughtta really hook and go. If itll cut 7.5's on the spray I will be happy. That should be a high 11. I may be overshooting the capabilities of this car but... I am new to LT1s and new to nitrous. It may run 15's for all I know !!

D
Old 10-09-2008, 03:26 PM
12 Second Club

Anyway none the less we should all get together and chill or something.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

You have a nice setup but I think you're overshooting just a tick....low 12's on motor is probably a little out of reach but it might run low 12's on that 150 shot with your mods. Im no expert but Ive been around the track quite a bit and if you pull off the times you're hoping, Id congratulate you on a sweet setup. But yeah, we all need to meet up and hang out.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

Alright, well I will hope. If it doesn't do it then I will definately be doing something else. I was running low 11's in my Fox body all motor on a 306. Granted that was an aftermarket block, forged internals, aluminum heads, carbd, lts, exhaust, gears, clutch, tranny, ignition, weight reduction...so on so forth. But hopefully it'll run good. Need to go to the track and find out. Just don't want to grenade the rear end quite yet. And I need to fill my bottle and up the shot. Then it'll scoot.

If that **** doesn't do it, I will be forced to put a 383 in it or a single turbo. Don't know yet. I may get tired of it and get a goat or a vette. Who knows.

D