Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Broke My Husky Wratchet

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've broke a Husky drive before. I never felt like their quality was much better than Great Neck or other mid-range tools...
Old 03-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i remember one of my trusty craftsman ratchets got hard to spin the reverse lever so i brought it to my local sears,and the guy says no problem let me get you another one,he comes back 2 min. later,places it in my hand,and it actually comes apart in my hand where all the clips and the ratcheting mechanism is housed,well all i really could do is laugh and i beleive they retrieved another one that held up for awhile after that fiasco
Old 03-14-2010, 05:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I always take the pole off my jack and stick it over my husky when i need some more leverage has worked great for me.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:35 AM
On The Tree

well your first mistake is using a ratchet to take a lug nut off.

use the right tool for the job.

snap on/matco dealers are picky with returning tools more and more for good reason. situations like this one right here where the user is taking a tool and using it for something it wasn't designed for.

probably uses chrome sockets on his impact gun too. the bottom line is these dealers are business'. the snap on dealer i know is very leinent when it comes to returning tools if you spend good money with him. i have had him actually take tools back from me that i felt weren't up to par and he would give me a FULL credit towards new stuff. i have also seen him deny a buddy of mine a simple return because my buddy intentionally misused it. Even my buddy knew he did it but expected my dealer to eat it just cause its a "snap on." the dealers have to turn in these broken tools and then they recieve a credit on their bill for the broken tool.

Quick Reply: Broke My Husky Wratchet