Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Experienced welders and Ready Welder owners in here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011 | 07:42 PM
Launching!

I'm going to jump in here on this one because I started welding at 18 for a living at a trailer company as a temp (Wabash National) they used Lincoln welders on the lines and miller where it counted.. Building bogie suspension's, and couplers the stuff that takes the beating, all welded with miller welders... I moved from Lincoln to miller after I quit there and went to a fab shop. where all they had was Miller welders, I did a lot of heavy welding some of the material that i was welding was up to 1" thick, and they never gave me the kind of trouble the Lincoln's did just my .02
Old 09-19-2011 | 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

I posted from my phone yesterday and didn't realize how old this post was. I burned a lot of .045 wire with a 3ph AirCo Power supply/feeder that was 25 years old building oversize boat trailers setting up Ride Well suspensions and 50'+ super low trailers. setting the heat and wire speed just as important as puddle control. The quality of the machine is very important if someone is going to use and keep the machine for 10+ years. Older machines are more reliable than the new welders from the same manufactures. and the new tech. is very unnessary for wire welders. Tig is a different story.

Quick Reply: Experienced welders and Ready Welder owners in here!!!