Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Eastwood mig welders? any good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any updates to add about the eastwood welder? I'm really really tempted to pull the trigger on one. I'm 99% sure I want one.

Two factors are influencing me

1. Price (obviously) because at $339 shipped on eBay is a bargain compared to the lincoln refurbs in the same range....you still have to buy a mig kit ($150) for the lincoln and the eastwood comes with it already and a regulator.

2. Variable controls versus tap. You can set the voltage continuously whereas the other welders in this range has pre-set tap controls. The next model I can find with infinite controls is a lincoln 180c for $745 shipped on ebay...that's a 400+ difference!

I have a 76 camaro and need a decent enough mig welder that I can do some spotwelding and replace a few patch panels...that's about all the use it will see. I want good solid welds that I can grind the metal flush for a smooth repair.

Anything has to be better than my HF dual mig 151...that thing sucks
Old 04-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 220v Eastwood and its great. only look at continuous machines, not tapped. They are MUCH better to use and get set correctly. Try one of the Eastwood's. If you hate it return it, but I don't think you will. I really like mine.

Quick Reply: Eastwood mig welders? any good?