Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

who makes a good jack??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Northern Tool Arcan $149
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...5429_200345429
I bought one and liked it so much I bought my Dad one also.
It will roll under the K frame of an f body but will also lift high.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Omega low profile is what I have. My car and my buddys vette are both slammed and I can go right under the front without having to drive our cars up on blocks or anything.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on what your looking for... Ive got 2 that I use all the time.

1. Arcan 3.5 ton jack, from costco. My main man, trust this one with my life. Its the same as the Northern Tool one above, except its red, and ~$50 cheaper. Plus you gotta love costcos return policy. This one is the best jack ive used. Super smooth when lowering slow, very low, super strong, extremely sturdy, wide stance... only down side is its over 100lbs. So it stays in the garage. With a small piece of wood it lifts high enough to pull the engine on the k member out the bottom.

2. ProXone 1.5 Ton Aluminum Jack. This one is my travel / secondary jack. Its SUPER light and folds down very small. I take in long cruises incase anyone breaks down. Its fairly low, not as low as the Arcan tho. Also very smooth acting, again... very light, lifts easily.

Ive tried many other ones. The General brand ones from Harbor freight (blue and silver), some of the cheap ones from autozone / checkers... didnt care of any of them. They are all tough to lower slowly (get stuck so you over turn and drop the car hard), not very stable, but are usually pretty light.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with DopefedZ. I picked up the same Omega a couple months ago and it's awesome.

Quick Reply: who makes a good jack??