Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Power tool suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power tool suggestions

I just got a job as an installer for tool boxes nerf bars grille guards etc. I need to supply my own tools. The main tools I need are an impact and drill. I'm borrowing a set from a friend that's snap on. Love it but waaay to expensive. Im leaning towards makita or milwaukee. Haven't pulled the trigger. Help me decide. Any other suggestions are welcome as well.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a Crapsman 18v cordless drill. Seems a bit heavy, but has a shitload of torque!!Even has a bubble level on the back.I break it, its going back.I'd spend the $ on an impact, they take alot of abuse.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

If your going to use is everyday you better buy a quality tool, So power,size,and weight would be my decideing factor and price last. But I wrench for a living so that is my mind set. But of course I like the snap on cuz of the weight and power.And I assume we are talking cordless tools?
Old 04-21-2012, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I would do Snap on air or cordless impact or Ingersoll rand air impact and craftsman cordless drill. The reason for the craftsman drill is the availability and low cost of replacement batteries and the ability to buy the extended warranty on them. They're not the best but its easier to get those warranted thru sears then the other cordless brands.

Quick Reply: Power tool suggestions