Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Husky Tool Boxes

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Default Husky Tool Boxes

I'm on the garage-journal board and they have a deal section where people post their good tool deals they find. So they posted a Husky tool box that was about $310 out the door if you bought online and picked up in-store. I decided I would try it out. I have one of their stainless boxes and have been thrilled with it so I figured I would try this one out also. I was aware that quality may not be up to par with some of the more expensive boxes but that was ok as I use the stainless as my primary day to day box. I've gotten to where I rarely even go in this room for general wrenching duties. One way they saved a little $$ is they didn't include drawer liners. I purchased some as I felt these are a necessity. This box is 41 inches wide. Initial impressions on the 41 Husky is it's a damn nice box for $300. I could imagine quality is not on par with a $800 US General HF box of similar size and definitely nothing from the big name guys like Snap On etc.

Here's the Husky stainless box I picked up. It was being DC'd and I got the floor model for a nice discount. Awesome box for the money:

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 06-07-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a whole lot of box for $300! Good score. I wanted a 41" box but came across a deal on a used smaller Husky box I couldn't pass up. So far the only problem I've had with the Husky box is one of the slides in the drawers was messed up- but it was like that when I got it. I called Home Depot and they sent me out 2 new slides no questions asked since they have the lifetime warranty. Mine is a lighter duty one I think- drawers are rated for 50 lbs each. I've also got a Kobalt box that I still like better than the Husky but I think it's one of the higher quality models. Also has a lifetime warranty and drawers are rated for 100 lbs each. Bought it used 5 years ago and never had a problem with it so far. From what I can tell the Kobalt or Husky both seem to be higher quality than the new Craftsman boxes. Sears did have a pink tool box that seemed like a really well made box though lol. Here's a pic of mine- Kobalt on the right and Husky on the left.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are really nice! I need more room in my house to fit one of those lol
Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I picked one up for Christmas (they dropped to $299!) and it's a fantastic box. A few gripes, but nothing major.

The top box uses gas struts to hold it open and they are very slow in a cold environment (my garage is sadly not heated) and don't close the top all the way.

The locking mechanism on the drawers is VERY stiff, so opening the drawers from the fully locked position pulls the box away from the wall.

Other than those two things (which is really easy to get over) for $300 this box is a HUGE home run.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Picked this up several months back and it has been doing well also. These are nice boxes for the weekend wrencher:

Quick Reply: Husky Tool Boxes