Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Anyone have a lift at home?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 10:43 PM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my garage i have two hoists. One is a center post in ground lift. It came with the house when i bought it. I have used it for 13 years. Works awesome and it gets tons of use.
The other hoist is a two post hoist made by AMMCO. IIRC the weight rating is 8000lbs. Its kind of odd in that instead of having four adjustable arms you drive over two planks that are welded to the arms. THe vehicle is lifted with pads. It doesnt lift the wheels it under rocker panels or frame. It was cheap and came with new cables.

Its a good hoist but i have had a couple issues with it. BOth related to the one cylinder. Seals gave out and scored the cylinder. Had cylinder rebuilt and evidently the guy/company who did it had no clue about that style of cylinder.
Had to get it done again and so far so good. I know the problem would have reared its face by now especially with the amount i have used it. I am also thinking of hooking up quick couplers for the hydraulic lines off the power pack. THis way, hopefully this will work out, i can also run a hydraulic tube bender with the power pack.

BOth have benefits and downfalls. Gotta admit, the center post gets used more though. By alot too. May be just cause the tool box is on that side of the garage. And my Zedder lives on the two post most of the time.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep your eyes open for shop auctions, that's what I did and scored a used rotary for a good price,

Old 01-12-2015, 03:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I have had my Atlas pv-9p lift from greg smith equipment for about a year and love it. use it for everything, and makes working on my car enjoyable. Lifts my 8,000lb diesel as easily as it lifts my 3,500lb car.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a lift at home?