Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Are these amazen decent files?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Are these amazen decent files?

Are these amazen decent files?

I’ve never purchased files I have been donated a few over the years. Now I like to get a decent set of files for smoothing mostly but not limited to aluminum * stainless steel.

I’ve been watching these on amazone for over 4 years I’ve sean the price fluctuate from the low which it’s at now $27. to high of $34. what do you Guy’s think decent or can you recommend something halfway good.

mainly for weekend smoothing of my hacking not intended for everydayuse.

Edit: the few flies I have don’t like to be exposed to saltair they get rustie.

Will this file rust in saltair?

tips are good for files.

Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FRJ7038/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A19YPCWAGPGCT&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FRJ7038/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A19YPCWAGPGCT&psc=1

Old 06-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They'll probably be alright. Handles are more than likely gonna come off at some point. They always do. All files will rust. You could do a light coat of wd40 after finishing if you're terribly worried about rust on a file. But files are consumables, they wear out. It will last longer if you don't saw with it though. Only go one direction (forward). But if you've ever priced out a Nicholson file this is stupid cheap for a set.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cooper Smith
They'll probably be alright. Handles are more than likely gonna come off at some point. They always do. All files will rust. You could do a light coat of wd40 after finishing if you're terribly worried about rust on a file. But files are consumables, they wear out. It will last longer if you don't saw with it though. Only go one direction (forward). But if you've ever priced out a Nicholson file this is stupid cheap for a set.
they went to a alltime low of under $24.

dam I've been filing all wrong all this time I'll try to remember you're advice on the one way filing.will report back w/ review.