Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Craftsman or Snap-on @ 66% off retail?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also ASEP graduate. I graduated 1992. When went on line (flat rate general tech) I started with Craftsman tools. As years went by I found the Snap-On tools to be much superior but much more expensive. It was fine in the begining to break a tool and run to Sears but when it got busy who has time? I currently have over $45K in tools, mostly Snap-On. My best advise would be to start with what you can afford, such as Craftsman, use Snap-On tools for everyday use, like impact wrenches, open end box wrenches and screw drivers, etc......If I had unlimited money of course I would buy all Snap-On, best tools in my opinion.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You people act like you break craftsman tools on a daily basis, I'd say Snap on may be better but just like everything else, I believe your paying partially more for the brand name, and to be able to say " I have snap on tools. " Craftsman has a lifetime warranty (**** stanley does to and is a hell of a alot cheaper and I dont see to many stanley wrenches breaking) Torque Wrenches Ect. are a different story, I'd go with snap on on that, but for wrenches,screwdrivers, ect....dont blow your money on Snap on, you'll get 2x as many tools if you go with Craftsman, just my opinion of course.

Chris

Quick Reply: Craftsman or Snap-on @ 66% off retail?