Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

craftsman toolset ( 200-300 peice )

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default craftsman toolset ( 200-300 peice )

alright guys...i need some help...my girl and my sister are going in together to get me a toolset...i been looking at sears and they have pretty good deals on there craftsman toolsets...right now i have NO tools what so ever so i told them to get me a set between 200-300 peice...but what are the basics to get and are there any sets i should lean tword more then the other? just want some opinions and some input/advice on what to tell them to get for me...thx...

P.S. tools will be used mostly for my car...

Jon
Old 11-26-2004, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

I would get a 288 or so peice set and add a set of the craftsman professional ratchets! I would also find the local Mac truck and get one of the $24 test lights.

Josh S.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:02 AM
Teching In

I'm about to be buying a similar set... Go for a set of craftsmen tools that has all the sockets, 1/4,3/8,1/2 deep and regular, full set of combination wrenches, 12 pt, Allen wrenches will come with it, like.. 40 of them, usually they come with screwdrivers, however I personally dislike craftsmen screwdrivers.. 250 pieces seems to be a good number to stay around... to far over that and you're getting saw blades and stuff you just don't need. the nut drivers can be helpful... but really not needed... i'd also suggest picking a cheap set of ratcheting wrenches from like, harbor frieght... they have a lifetime warrenty, adn are cheap as hell... and in REALLY small spots help out a TON
Old 12-02-2004, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

I suppose there is always Husky tools that are sold in sets at the Depo stores....There are also some Stanley tool sets sold at Sam's and Walmart.

The Depo store in my location has just about discountined these, however. There is virtually nothing left on the shelves.....I keep asking the store guys if they are discouninting them ... they always say no. Apparently, they dont sell well.

I have some of these Huskey tools and they are great, however. I beleive they provide a better value than Craftsmen, but most here would probably dissagree. (I owns Huskey, SK, Stanley, Craftsmutt, etc.)

The Stanley tools are inexpensive, and a great value. Their fit and finish is light years ahead of Craftsmutt. The problem is that the sets sold are not that big (180 pieces??) .. You can buy separate sockets, extensions, swivels, ratchets, etc at the same location.

Stanley tools are about 1/2 the price of Craftsmutt, are better tools and provide great value - IMO.

I will get flames for saying this but it is true...
Old 12-02-2004, 09:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got this craftsman set for 179 with craftsman club card, plus it came with a free set of 14 nutdrivers.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00933354000

I also got metric and SAE 8 peace gear wrenches. Those are invaluable.

I had tools before, but i wanted craftsman instead of pepboys brand

Quick Reply: craftsman toolset ( 200-300 peice )