Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Shortage On Craftsman Hex Bit Sockets?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shortage On Craftsman Hex Bit Sockets?

I have been waiting on these items to go on sale. Basically a Hex bit on a socket. $25 for each set, 6 pcs in a set. I bought the Metric set when I had a gift card, not they are on sale for under $12.00 I believe for Clubmember saver days. I have been to 4 Sears stores and there are no SAE sets to be found. I checked on-line, no stores around me have any available. Conspiracy, maybe? I think I might just pick them up online, Sears has free shipping if you mail in the rebate from your purchase.

Thanks, just venting some. I did pick up a 50' Air Hose, and T-handle hex sets pretty cheap.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Veteran

I used one of those for the first time this weekend ..it was on one of the belt pulleys on the front of the motor....

You can buy these tools all day long at Wallmark. Stanley sells them in sets for about 1/2 the price of Craftsmutt.... they are better tools too. - really!
Old 12-02-2004, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Be wary of the off-brand ones --- I've had the hex spin inside the chrome on my cheaper set.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

I shattered a craftsman one adjusting my valvetrain (it was the third time it came loose, I didnt want a forth) so be carefull if you really torque it. It was nice though, to just walk into sears and walk out with a new one.