Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Clarke welders - OK or junk?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 09:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clarke welders - OK or junk?

I see ToolsSource.com is selling Clarke MIG welders; JC Whitney also sells them.

Anyway, they seem competitively priced.

Are they any good or are they just more Chinese junk tools?
Old 12-21-2004, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

made in France or Italy I believe. I have one and its not no lincoln or hobart but for exhaust and some small projects and stuff works good. I work with a guy that also has one and hes done some really good quality welds with his. I've been using flux core wire since I don't have a bottle so my welds aren't that great but still not bad. The unit I have is the 220v 180 amp version that they sell I got it for $400 with a auto dimming helmet and gloves. I have also found out the clarke parts and Hobart parts are suppose to be interchangeable.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...subcat=Welders

Sears sells em under the craftsman name(they also sell the clarke brand too), only difference is the case is painted red and has the craftsman logo on it....other than that its the same as my clarke buzzbox sitting in the garage right now. I like mine and its done very well for the money I've spent, haven't had a problem yet. Projects done, 6pt rollbar, FMIC support, intercooler pipes and various chassis items as well as projects done around the house.

So buy from sears to get it warrantied without any hassles.

Quick Reply: Clarke welders - OK or junk?