Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Central Pneumatic... harbor freight

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Pneumatic... harbor freight

Anyone ever ordered tools from Harbor Freight? I was looking at one of their Central Pneumatic air hammer/chisels. 4500BPM at 90psi on a 1/4npt. Priced at 9.99. And for what it is, if it worked for 5 times of good usage I would consider it paid for. I know with air tools that you get what you pay for. Thats why my air ratchets and impacts are much higher quality. I just cant see paying a bunch of money for an air hammer that is nothing more than a messy tool of destruction.
S
Old 02-07-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Central Pneumatic is just a cheap Chinese-made tool. I have many of the Harbor Freight "Central" brand tools, and have been very pleased with their quality (for the price I pay). Some I have had for years and used hundreds of times. Hell, most of the air tools you buy from Mac and Snap-On are made in China these days.

I live a few miles from Harbor Freight's US headquarters in Camarillo, CA. I get all kinds of good deals on tools there. Many of the hand tools are junk, but most of the air tools are serviceable. Even the electrical tools are OK. For my business, I've bought several Production 16-speed drill presses from them for about $150 a pop (extremely cheap). They last for years under heavy usage.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Veteran

I have had excellent results with these products - great for the price...
Old 02-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Launching!

thats good to hear, cause i was also considering their combonation mill/lathe.. <ponders>

thanks again.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My garage is full of Harbor Freight equipment (I, too, am very close to Camarillo) and I'll say that as long as you take into consideration that you paid cheap......you'll be ok. It is nice to be this close to their retail store, if I need some sort of driver or custom cut & bent wrench...I just go over there, pay $1.59....cut, bend and modify and use it...maybe only once. It sure beats torching a $60 Snap-On or Mac tool. The only thing I will not get at Harbor Freight is welding equipment....it's all Lincoln for me.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

I bought a bunch of power tools and stuff from them, and they're fine. As mentioned above, you do have to keep in mind that they are cheaper tools. If you are buying a tool because you need it for a project, it's nice to get it cheap.

Quick Reply: Central Pneumatic... harbor freight