Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

towing f-bods with a dollie....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default towing f-bods with a dollie....

i might be picking up a '99 blazer today with the 4.3 v6. One of the service guys told me if i want the truck to last more than a couple years i shouldn't tow with a full trailer, i could only tow with a dollie. What are your guys thoughts on towing f-bods with a dollie? TIA....
Old 02-07-2003, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: towing f-bods with a dollie....

I wouldn't do it. Well, at least not with my car. Since it's lowered, a dolly would mess it up pretty good. I'm getting a full trailer for mine.

Is it a S10 Blazer? Or a full size? If it's a full-size, you can easily get a tow package (tranny cooler and all) that will pull your F-body on a full-sized trailer no problem.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

i believe it to be the s10 blazer. the GVW is a little over 5 so that covers the car at 3500, but trailors run bout 2000 or so don't they?
Old 02-07-2003, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

is there ways that aren't too expensive to boost the trailoring capability of a truck? I'm not talking about trailoring the car all the time, maybe just a couple time a year (one of those times down to KY from IL)
Old 02-08-2003, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking from experience. I've pulled a large heavy bass boat, and a trailer load of dirt with my 4.3 S-10 truck and pulling the loads was no problem. The problem was stopping. The brakes always smelled scorched. Also when I was pulling the load of dirt, some old guy turned left right across in front of me and when I hit the brakes the truck started whipping me side to side and I nearly lost it. That was at about 45 mph. There is no way in hell I'd try to pull that much weight doing interstate speeds. It would surely help to have trailer brakes but even then I'd be extra careful.

Quick Reply: towing f-bods with a dollie....