Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Don't know why I didn't buy a compressor and air tools before!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Don't know why I didn't buy a compressor and air tools before!

Thought I'd post up in the tools section for the first time to give thanks!

Just bought an air compressor (Husky 26 gallon oil-less ), and it came with a bunch of tools I just used today for the first time

I installed my UMI PHR today and was thrilled with how wells the tools worked. The impact wrench is pretty weak, barely broke my lug nuts loose at max psi Had to hit 'em a couple times at 90 psi to break 'em loose.

The 3/8 air ratchet on the other hand worked VERY well, as did the air grease gun! The only tools I haven't used yet are the general use spray gun and the air hammer/chisel.

All in all, the compressor worked well (even though it was a farely small job) and am looking forward to my cam install with these tools.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds badass, if you dont mind me asking how much did the compressor and tools run you?
James
Old 07-27-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

For the compressor, 3/8" air ratchet, 1/2" Impact wrench with a small asst. of impact sockets, air grease gun, air hammer, and spray gun I paid 329 plus tax. At first, I figured I probably won't be using any of the cheap-ola tools that came with it. For the 329 I could of bought a 30 gallon oiled single stage. Turns out the tools that came with it are pretty useful. I recently purchased another 1/2" impact that torques up 625 ft lbs, so I figured the 1/2" that came with the compressor would serve me well for things like tire rotations and such.

The crank bolt for my cam install was justification enough for me to buy a $100 impact wrench!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:23 AM
Staging Lane

I got a mac impact wrench, $200. Ingersoll-rands is great too though, they design alot of the guns for snap-on and mac, and provide similar power for much less. In fact, I believe their thundergun is now top of the line?
Old 07-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Lightbulb

TURN THE COMPRESSOR UP TO 125 PSI and you will be happier

Quick Reply: Don't know why I didn't buy a compressor and air tools before!