Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

I'm repairing a rotten 94 Camaro floor pan and I have a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 02:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question I'm repairing a rotten 94 Camaro floor pan and I have a couple questions

Like it says above my old 94 B4C Camaro that my friend now owns has a line of rot underneath the drivers feet about a foot and a half long by and inch or so and another rot hole where the drivers side passengers feet look to go about 2 inchs in diameter. first question is: Does anyone make replacement floor pans or patch panels so I can do the job correctly and keep all the factory curves and bends? and question 2: Has anyone ever done anything like this? If so how did you do it and if not how would you go about doing it? Thanks in advance.

Matt
Old 06-11-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not sure if you can get floor pans for a 4th gen. If a resto catalog doesn't have them, then maybe the dealer can still get them. I have put floor pans in a car before. It's a huge job! But since you are only doing a small section, it shouldn't be too bad. A plasma cutter is the easiest way to get the pans out...then just weld the new ones in.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

find a smashed f car theres a ton of those wack the pans out.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

haha, funny you say that, there's one in my driveway right now, even the same color (96 B4C) with a smashed front end; the rear portion would be fine but the 96 is rusting in the same spot near the drivers feet so I was hoping I could get a whole drivers side pan aftermarket or reproduction, I guess thats not gonna happen so the search continues, thanks for the input though.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im in the middle of replacing the same size space on the driver side in my 94. Im jus cutting out all of the bad area and welding 12ga stainless in its place. a major PIA but mostly time consuming.

-john

il post pics sooner or later
Old 06-22-2006, 04:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i know you can almost get the whole car from dealers. if you want that peice go to one , just be prepaired to drop your jaw alil at the price. id say it would just be easier to just cut it out and weld in sheetmetal. the way the cars are welded together youd have a bitch of a time drilling out the spot welds and bending up sheetmetal if its under other peices

Quick Reply: I'm repairing a rotten 94 Camaro floor pan and I have a couple questions