Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Where to buy Compressor rebuild kit??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy Compressor rebuild kit??

I picked up a a 60 gal craftsman professional Compressor Free off one of the guys in my fire dept. He said the motor worked fine but it made a real harsh clanking noise. I pulled it apart and it looked like the cooling fan came apart and subsequently jammed the output shaft it then snapped off both connecting rods to the pistons.

so basically anybody know where I can get a rebuild kit, pistons, rods, gaskets, etc

thanks,
-john
Old 07-19-2006, 07:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

You have a couple of options.

If it's an oiled compressor (belt driven pump), you might be able to get a pump head on ebay, or go to http://www.eatoncompressor.com and look at theirs.

Failing that, you need to figure out who the original manufacturer of the compressor was. Craftsman simply rebrands from others. It might be a Campbell-Hausfeld, but then again, there are several depending on the level of compressor.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok i looked around, turns out craftsman compressors are made by Devillbliss, so that being said anybody know where I can get a rebuild kit pistons, rods, gaskets etc for cheap online???

thanks,
-john
Old 07-24-2006, 04:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to check the actual label on the compressor instead of what people say. I know that my 6.5hp pro series has a quincy label on it.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:14 AM
Staging Lane

Get the model number and all the info and go to the nearest Sears that has a repair section. Have them look up the parts you need and order then from the Sears Parts Depot. (You have to pay shipping so you might a well have them sent to your house).

I had the same thing happen to my Sears compressor. I ordered a new fan, piston, connecting rod, cylinder liner and maybe a few other needed parts to repair it. Parts arrived in about or 4 days. (But I had a manual, so I got the basic part number from it and then looked at the sears site on line and x-referenced them to current part numbers and ordered them. There are manuals on line for Sears stuff but I don't remember where exactly I found them.)

Personally I hate Sears, but they do provide good support for their older equipment
Old 07-24-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www3.sears.com/
Old 07-25-2006, 04:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
YEAH! That's the place.

Quick Reply: Where to buy Compressor rebuild kit??