Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Roll Cage Design

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 07:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002blackZ
With proper direction, a roll bar is a great project and very rewarding to do yourself.
This is what I'm hoping, up to and including the supervision. I've been fortunate enough to have seen many good cages and watch some of the talent that went into building them, and know that I have some skills to learn. But that's part of the point. Thanks for the comments.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Mikey Crizzle
Im a student at Wyotech and I get a FAT discount on chrome moly. So I figured why not throw a roll cage in it. I'm runnin stock right now but in the future she's gonna be stroked n turboed. Estimated roll cage cost $150...so why not??
Old 12-14-2006, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

could always get a buddy that wants one too, buy a cage and get the measurments off of that, or just buy a cheap 4 point, copy the measurments and sell it and then get your own tubing and bend it yourself...seems like taking one step forward and 2 back, but would be a good learning experience, and you could always just make it a bolt in until you get good at welding and then cut it and reweld it to the floor later down the road.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WheelsUp84z
could always get a buddy that wants one too, buy a cage and get the measurments off of that, or just buy a cheap 4 point, copy the measurments and sell it and then get your own tubing and bend it yourself...seems like taking one step forward and 2 back, but would be a good learning experience, and you could always just make it a bolt in until you get good at welding and then cut it and reweld it to the floor later down the road.
Thats assuming you actually have a tubing bender and have the ability to match all the bends down to within 1-2*, doubtful for a first timer.

Quick Reply: Roll Cage Design