Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Must have Snap-On / Matco tools

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything with Snap-On's name is made by them. Blue Point is able to have things made by different manufacturers. Matco makes nothing. They are a distributor.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FlamingChicken
Everything with Snap-On's name is made by them. Blue Point is able to have things made by different manufacturers. Matco makes nothing. They are a distributor.
Pretty much anything outside of sockets, wrenches, ratchets, impacts, and other basic handtools is going to be made by another manufacturer. Although Matcos air tools are manufactured by Ingersoll Rand if I remember correctly. Look through specialty tool sets in any professional tool catalog and then look online. You'll find the same EXACT tools sets under a different brand name for alot less.

Snap On tool boxes are manufactured at their specification by Waterloo and are decent. I actually prefer the build quality of Matco toolboxes over any other brand. If I ever buy another box it will be a Matco(After owning a Snap On and now a Mac double bay Macsmizer)
Old 07-23-2007, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Cordless impacts are the crap because of its portability
Old 07-24-2007, 04:18 AM
Launching!

Ive got the Snap On 13 drawer roll around and i love it! It is a little on the small side and i don't have that many tools, but the way i look at it i can always get the top box and the side boxes if need. Both boxes are quality, so you cant go wrong.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

the snap on electronic torque wrench is awesome.. i have one and wouldnt trade it for any other.. it has in. lbs, ft. lbs, newton meters and degree of angle.. and its accuracy is +/- 2% which is alot better than the click style torque wrenches and plus you never have to have it recalibrated.

Quick Reply: Must have Snap-On / Matco tools