Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Aluminum racing floor jack - Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003 | 09:44 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Default Re: Aluminum racing floor jack - Anyone?

Dad just got the harbor freight Al jack. The sucker is light as a feather. Took about 7 pumps to full height. Lots of Corvette guys have been buying them. They seem to be really really nice...
Old 07-11-2003 | 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like my old fasioned sears jack. Must weigh about 150 #s, but I never lift it, and its never let me down.

Something about a floor jack and shop safety that I really dont want to turn over to AL floorjack. Dunno. Maybe Im just paranoid.

If you took a jack to the track all the time and you were just switching tired, than this would be a sweet jack. I did throw my back out once at the track trying to lift a jack into the t-top well.

chris (old)
Old 07-11-2003 | 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

There have been alot of reviews out on these. One word of caution, be sure you have it solid on the lift point, many of these have broken due to their aluminum construction.

They are a good jack for occasional use on a level floor, but as an everyday shop jack, they fail too often.
Old 02-15-2008 | 04:27 PM
Teching In

To revive an old thread, I used the Harbor Freight el cheapo $80 version (non rapid pump) with only 15" of lift as my only floor jack for about 3.5 years before it finally took a crap the other day. This was used to lift my Subaru WRX as well as my 96 Z28 countless times. It worked very well at home and at the track but I think I'll get the beefier version this time as it would bend and 'three wheel' towards the end of it's life. I assume it was just getting 'tired' and worn out.

Quick Reply: Aluminum racing floor jack - Anyone?