User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Can't post in Classifieds/Marketplace? CHECK THE FAQ STICKY ABOVE FOR ANSWERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010 | 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys, I was certain I saw something about it somewhere but couldn't find it again...sorry for the noobness and thanks again for the help!
Old 11-17-2010 | 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Default parts wanted

I understand the need to lock out people from posting parts for sale, but I don't understand the lockout on people posting to parts wanted.
Old 11-17-2010 | 03:12 PM
15 Year Member

Scams can occur from both sides (as a buyer or as a seller). For example, "chargeback" is one method a buyer may use to scam the seller from parts and money.
Old 11-17-2010 | 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

i suppose but if you are using paypal it seems like it would be pretty tough to scam from the buying end. I've already bought probably 20 things from this board & am just a bit unhappy that I can't list the couple of things I still need to get before I do my engine swap on the parts wanted side.
Old 11-17-2010 | 05:40 PM
On The Tree

I know. I have a ton of LS stuff that I want to get rid of, but I need 50 posts first.
Old 11-17-2010 | 09:21 PM
TECH Veteran

It is just as easy to scam a seller as a buyer. This is centered on technical discussion. The classifieds are distantly secondary to perpetuating knowledge and understanding of the LSx platform.
Old 11-24-2010 | 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Default Cant "Post" in parts wanted.

I am looking for a radiator. I click on newpost and it gives me the box. Do not have permission or not activated.

What do I do as there was nothing in the FAQ's for this.
Old 11-25-2010 | 12:09 AM
15 Year Member

Make sure to read the Announcements and Stickies:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...questions.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/6882681-post3.html

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
For Sale Forums - Posting Problems

Every registered user on LS1tech is now required to have a minimum of 50 posts, or a minimum of 6 months membership duration before they can gain the privilege of posting a NEW THREAD or REPLY in the Classifieds sections, or post FOR SALE ad (or REPLY with selling intent) in any section of the site. Post whoring (i.e. "cool, nice car, ..., sweet.....etc) to reach 50+ posts is not allowed. Post count will be reset to zero with or without any notification. If member is caught post whoring two times they will be banned.

Unfortunately, we've had to put this restriction on our site due to so many lurking scammers popping up and taking honest money. This restriction has helped to ring out a lot of the scammers looking to make a quick buck on our site. Posting for sale items in other forums to circumvent this rule is prohibited and the posts will be deleted.

After your 50th post, it takes a period of 24 hours to update your access to the classifieds forums. DO NOT make a post requesting instant access upon making your 50th post, the system is automated. The database updates certain records on a daily basis, it is not instantaneous. Any threads regarding this will be locked/ignored.

Please do not contact us asking to circumvent this 50 post rule. The system is automated and we do not make exceptions. We feel that the classifieds forums here are a privilege to contributing members, not a free service for new members.
This applies to the Wanted section as well.
Old 12-17-2010 | 05:30 PM
Teching In

Default cant post in any parts classifieds section

Hey there i can not post in any parts classifields sections or even reply to threads.. i thought you needed to exceed a certain number of posts but i saw some making new threads has thier first post... so how can i fix this issue?
Old 12-17-2010 | 05:51 PM
15 Year Member

It's 50 posts or 6 months of membership. You're not quite there, yet.

Make sure to read the Announcements:

Every registered user on LS1tech is now required to have a minimum of 50 posts, or a minimum of 6 months membership duration before they can gain the privilege of posting a NEW THREAD or REPLY in the Classifieds sections, or post FOR SALE ad (or REPLY with selling intent) in any section of the site. Post whoring (i.e. "cool, nice car, ..., sweet.....etc) to reach 50+ posts is not allowed. Post count will be reset to zero with or without any notification. If member is caught post whoring two times they will be banned.

Unfortunately, we've had to put this restriction on our site due to so many lurking scammers popping up and taking honest money. This restriction has helped to ring out a lot of the scammers looking to make a quick buck on our site. Posting for sale items in other forums to circumvent this rule is prohibited and the posts will be deleted.

After your 50th post, it takes a period of 24 hours to update your access to the classifieds forums. DO NOT make a post requesting instant access upon making your 50th post, the system is automated. The database updates certain records on a daily basis, it is not instantaneous. Any threads regarding this will be locked/ignored.

Please do not contact us asking to circumvent this 50 post rule. The system is automated and we do not make exceptions. We feel that the classifieds forums here are a privilege to contributing members, not a free service for new members.
Old 12-22-2010 | 02:34 PM
Teching In

Default Cant post in classified section

I just signed up for this forum and am trying to buy some parts. Only problem is it wont let me post anywhere. I dont know if I have to be accepted by a mod or what. Thanks in advance for any help

1fastrock
Old 12-22-2010 | 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 01-06-2011 | 01:18 PM
Teching In

Default Account not activated????

I'm lost. I can send PM's and post accounts but I can not reply to threads? It gives me the following message:

houston_four, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Can someone help me out here?\

Thanks,

H4
Old 01-06-2011 | 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you trying to post in the sales section? If so read this:

Old 01-06-2011 | 01:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Are you trying to post in the sales section? If so read this:

Fantastic, I'll just stick with PM's for now. Thanks for the help..Mods you can close this thread.
Old 01-16-2011 | 04:02 AM
Teching In

Default why cant i post

that is all. thanks
Old 01-16-2011 | 04:13 PM
15 Year Member

Where are you attempting to post? And exactly what is the error message (please copy/paste).

Your account shows normal to include full posting (including Classifieds). The fact you could post the above message indicates your account is working as being able to post in this section is the same as posting in other sections (with exception to Classifieds and a few other non-member sections).
Old 01-18-2011 | 08:25 PM
Teching In

I'm unable to reply to Classifieds. Here's what I get:

dploger, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old 01-18-2011 | 09:22 PM
15 Year Member

Make sure to read the Stickies and Announcements:

Originally Posted by dploger
I'm unable to reply to Classifieds. Here's what I get:

dploger, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Old 01-25-2011 | 03:26 AM
Teching In

Nevermind...found my answer

Quick Reply: Can't post in Classifieds/Marketplace? CHECK THE FAQ STICKY ABOVE FOR ANSWERS!!