User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Can't post in Classifieds/Marketplace? CHECK THE FAQ STICKY ABOVE FOR ANSWERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Why is it

D00ds like the guy in this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-c...es-y-pipe.html with 20 posts can post in classifieds but I can't with 40 or whatever I have now?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

If you read the stickys, you would know that 50 posts is what it takes to start threads, not post in them.

You can have zero posts and attempt to buy stuff if you want (nobody is going to sell to you like that though, you need to build community trustworthiness by posting and being a useful member).
Old 01-27-2011, 08:56 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,708 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaropar
D00ds like the guy in this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-c...es-y-pipe.html with 20 posts can post in classifieds but I can't with 40 or whatever I have now?
The guy with 20 posts in that thread has been a member since 2007. The rules are 6 months of membership or 50 posts.

You are very close on both counts.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Not able to create a new thread in the market place

Hello all, I was wondering if a mod could enable my account to be able to post in the for sale section.. I was originally a member since 2004, but I converted my account to a sponsor last year, then cancelled my sponsorship account for a number of various reasons.. Now Im looking to try to sell some old stuff from my car that I am no longer in need of but Im running into a brick wall here.

Anyways, if someone could help me out with this, I would appreciate it.. My old user name was Mike@ZMS if you want to research my old account.

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't matter if you have been here since 2004, the new account shows a join date of 2011
Old 02-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

Default Can't post on sale threads ???

I can't post comments or anything on threads in the classifieds sections.
I searched for an answer, but didn't find why.
I get an this error message:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Anything I am missing?
Old 02-09-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes there is something you're missing. Read the stickies at the top of the page and they why tell you why you can't post.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Teching In

im trying to post a new thread to get advice on a hood and i cant figure out how to do that.... sorry its a dumb question plz help.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:45 PM

Default Having Trouble Posting To Classifields

Its Say In The Bottom Of The Page That I May Not Post Threads , Why Is That ???
Old 02-27-2011, 04:22 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Make sure to read the Announcements and Stickies as they contain important and frequently asked information:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...questions.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/6882681-post3.html

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
For Sale Forums - Posting Problems

Every registered user on LS1tech is now required to have a minimum of 50 posts, or a minimum of 6 months membership duration before they can gain the privilege of posting a NEW THREAD or REPLY in the Classifieds sections, or post FOR SALE ad (or REPLY with selling intent) in any section of the site. Post whoring (i.e. "cool, nice car, ..., sweet.....etc) to reach 50+ posts is not allowed. Post count will be reset to zero with or without any notification. If member is caught post whoring two times they will be banned.

Unfortunately, we've had to put this restriction on our site due to so many lurking scammers popping up and taking honest money. This restriction has helped to ring out a lot of the scammers looking to make a quick buck on our site. Posting for sale items in other forums to circumvent this rule is prohibited and the posts will be deleted.

After your 50th post, it takes a period of 24 hours to update your access to the classifieds forums. DO NOT make a post requesting instant access upon making your 50th post, the system is automated. The database updates certain records on a daily basis, it is not instantaneous. Any threads regarding this will be locked/ignored.

Please do not contact us asking to circumvent this 50 post rule. The system is automated and we do not make exceptions. We feel that the classifieds forums here are a privilege to contributing members, not a free service for new members.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Default can not post

I can not post in any section, its like my acct has not been confirmed, I am able to do my introduction, but that is it, nothing else at all. I am tryin to buy some parts off a guy and I cant post in his thread about them.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't in any section at all? If you have less than 50 posts or haven't been here for 6 months, you can't post or reply in the classified section....

Old 03-02-2011, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they need to make a tutorial on how to use ls1tech..lol this has been happening a lot lately
Old 03-02-2011, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by joesperformance
I can not post in any section, its like my acct has not been confirmed, I am able to do my introduction, but that is it, nothing else at all. I am tryin to buy some parts off a guy and I cant post in his thread about them.
There is nothing wrong with your account. I checked it and it shows you have normal privileges. Of course, you won't have access to the Classifieds. This is covered here:

Make sure to read the Announcements and Stickies as they contain important and frequently asked information:

Every registered user on LS1tech is now required to have a minimum of 50 posts, or a minimum of 6 months membership duration before they can gain the privilege of posting a NEW THREAD or REPLY in the Classifieds sections, or post FOR SALE ad (or REPLY with selling intent) in any section of the site. Post whoring (i.e. "cool, nice car, ..., sweet.....etc) to reach 50+ posts is not allowed. Post count will be reset to zero with or without any notification. If member is caught post whoring two times they will be banned.

Unfortunately, we've had to put this restriction on our site due to so many lurking scammers popping up and taking honest money. This restriction has helped to ring out a lot of the scammers looking to make a quick buck on our site. Posting for sale items in other forums to circumvent this rule is prohibited and the posts will be deleted.

After your 50th post, it takes a period of 24 hours to update your access to the classifieds forums. DO NOT make a post requesting instant access upon making your 50th post, the system is automated. The database updates certain records on a daily basis, it is not instantaneous. Any threads regarding this will be locked/ignored.

Please do not contact us asking to circumvent this 50 post rule. The system is automated and we do not make exceptions. We feel that the classifieds forums here are a privilege to contributing members, not a free service for new members.

Originally Posted by babbage1109
they need to make a tutorial on how to use ls1tech..lol this has been happening a lot lately
This is a common question from new members, but it's covered in the Stickies.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Teching In

ok, im sry, i am on a really slow comp and i didnt see the section about it, again i apologize, but thanks for being nice about it and directing me nicely.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Default help

why cant i comment on peoples threads?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

when i try to post it tells me this messege...............edub80, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:37 PM

Trying to post in the Classifieds? If so:

If that does not address the issue, provide a link to a specific post you're getting the error message from.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:04 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,708 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by edub80
why cant i comment on peoples threads?
Not sure what gave you that idea, you most definitely have been able to comment in people's threads. I can see that you've made 13 successful posts to date.

I'm sure your only posting issue has been with the classifieds section, in which case the explaination posted above by JeremyT should cover it.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:54 AM
11 Second Club

ok well i just misread the stickies lol....thought it meant i couldnt post a new thread in the classifieds.... that sucks though....i mainly just read other peoples thread lol...guess i need to start commenting on stuff lol

Quick Reply: Can't post in Classifieds/Marketplace? CHECK THE FAQ STICKY ABOVE FOR ANSWERS!!