User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

How do I get my picture onto my sig?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do I get my picture onto my sig?

Ive been trying to get a picture on my signature and it says its uploading but nothing ever happens. And when i try posting the link from photobucket the link with all of the letters and numbers show up...help?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:48 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

1. You must have the signature picture uploaded to LS1Tech's server. The LS1Tech Administrators have set it so that only uploaded pictures to LS1Tech's servers can be displayed in a user's signature. This is why when you try to "hot link" it from another website (photobucket), it only shows a hyperlink.

2. What error message are you seeing when you try to upload the image to LS1Tech's server? In general, upload errors are caused by the image being too large and it timesout before the image is uploaded. If this is the case, which it appears it may be, you will need to reduce the size of the image to confine to the allowed specifications, which currently are:
500 pixel width by 150 pixel height with a total file size of 61440 bytes. Anything over that can be automatically rejected by the software.

Originally Posted by l 95 Trans Am l
Ive been trying to get a picture on my signature and it says its uploading but nothing ever happens. And when i try posting the link from photobucket the link with all of the letters and numbers show up...help?
Old 07-13-2010, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what if theres no error code and it just says upload of file failed?
Old 07-13-2010, 02:14 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, that generally means the image you've uploaded exceeds the restrictions allowed. If uploading an attachment, or uploading a signature, each manager shows the file size allowed. Anything over what is allowed will likely fail.

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
what if theres no error code and it just says upload of file failed?

Quick Reply: How do I get my picture onto my sig?