User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

IP address help....mods????

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IP address help....mods????

My IP address from home was banned and I don't know why. I posted something in the for sale section back in mid-July and then checked to see where it was on the list and check for replies a couple of days later. Now I can't log on from home due to the banning. I read the stickies and as far as I know I haven't broken any rules, unless my computer was hacked and someone got access to my username and passwords, but my account wasn't locked, just my home IP address banned. Can one of the moderators shed some light for me, so I'll know why it happened and what caused it? I want to correct any issues and keep my access/account in good standing. I haven't threatened anyone, gotten into a verbal war with anyone, posted any pics or anything else of questionable nature, at least not that I know of
Old 08-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Launching!

How's bratha? I actually just got my privilages back today (must be a hawaii thang). Find you IP address at www.geobytes.com/iplocator.htm, then pm one of the Admin guys in high lighted red on the home page, and let them now your blocked.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:48 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Got it! You have several IP's and a few of them were very close to some spammers. Let me know if you have any more problems.

~ Craig
Old 08-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Teching In

I have the same problem? Forums won't load on my pc at home, but i access it through my iphone all day long.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by xBrian
I have the same problem? Forums won't load on my pc at home, but i access it through my iphone all day long.
Sounds like that is your computer. I went back a few weeks on your posts because most of them were on your phone but I found a IP that was not mobile and we do not have a block for that IP address.

Do you get a warning that your IP was blocked? If so find your IP address and PM me with it.

~ Craig
Old 08-22-2010, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

Same thing happened to me on my work laptop. Never really looked into getting it resolved yet. Had my wife log in from home for me, so it's not my acct. blocked.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mike 02T/A
Same thing happened to me on my work laptop. Never really looked into getting it resolved yet. Had my wife log in from home for me, so it's not my acct. blocked.
PM with your work IP address and I'll look into it. Unless you can remember the last post you made from work and I can look up that IP.

~ Craig
Old 08-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Do you get a warning that your IP was blocked? If so find your IP address and PM me with it.
Nope, no ban/block warning. It is literally the only page firefox won't load. I wonder if i somehow accidentally blocked the entire site with adblock. I'll look when i get home. Ls1tech looks pretty good on my mobile, but it is a tad cumbersome.

Last edited by xBrian; 08-23-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Grammatical
Old 08-23-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hotspot shield program might work. i had the same problem once but its fine now.

Quick Reply: IP address help....mods????