User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Thanks to the wonderful LS1 Teck mods for deleting my sig.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010 | 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Default Thanks to the wonderful LS1 Teck mods for deleting my sig.

This is pretty sad that I got my sig and all my subscribed posts deleted along with who knows what else because I had the name of the garage I built my car at in my sig. I could understand if it was brought up to me and talked about but everything is deleted. It makes even less sense that the garage in my sig was listed there for years and they were also a sponsor for most of that time. I didn't realize this is **** Germany. I always thought this site was about car guys and not weak opinions of who the site makes money from. Thanks again for wiping out everything over something that could have been easily solved.
Old 08-19-2010 | 02:16 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Your sig was not deleted based on merely mentioning a name, but because you had a non-sponsor link (which is direct contact info) in it. This is not allowed, and clearly stated as such in the FAQ sticky at the top of this section: Signature Rules & Limitations

I found the rest of your sig, minus the link, if you want to cut and paste:

95 Camaro Z28
Lakewood lca's and adj panhard, KYB AGX's, V6 springs, Spohn adj Tq Arm, STB and SFC's, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, SLP Loudmouth 2, Moroso CAI, 3.73's,TCI 3500 stall, H/C/I 355, CC306 cam, Comp pro mag 1.6 roller rockers, SVO #30 injectors, Summit Racing 58mm tb, Tuned by Bryan @ PCM for less. Times for new motor coming soon!
I was not the one to delete it, nor do I have any idea what happened to your subscriptions.

Your friendly staff ****,
RPM WS6
Old 08-19-2010 | 02:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
RPM WS6
I LOL'd.
Old 08-19-2010 | 02:24 PM
12 Second Club

Your sig was not deleted based on merely mentioning a name, but because you had a non-sponsor link (which is direct contact info) in it. This is not allowed, and clearly stated as such in the FAQ sticky at the top of this section: Signature Rules & Limitations

I found the rest of your sig, minus the link, if you want to cut and paste:

I was not the one to delete it, nor do I have any idea what happened to your subscriptions.

RPM WS6
Thanks for saving my sig. I'm not so mad that it happened but more that nothing was said before everything was deleted. I had that in my sig for 3 years and the garage listed was a SPONSOR. When they stopped I don't know but either way cut me some slack for not keeping up on who is allowed to be mentioned and who is not.
Old 08-19-2010 | 02:25 PM
12 Second Club

RPM WS6
This is priceless. lol.
Old 08-19-2010 | 04:42 PM
((((((Administrator))))))
20 Year Member

Exclamation

It was reported to me your sig was in violation with the non-sponsor link. Not I (or any other staff member) deleted you subscriptions. Stop acting like you're the victim here.

It doesn't matter if they "were" a sponsor, or if your non-sponsor sig link was up for years. What matters is that they are non-sponsors. Paying sponsors keep this site going, If not for them there would be no LS1TECH.

YOU are responsible for your sig, not us.

**** Admin,
Craig.

Quick Reply: Thanks to the wonderful LS1 Teck mods for deleting my sig.