User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Is there an option to auto resize pictures in threads

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there an option to auto resize pictures in threads

i ask mostly because ive seen other forums that do this. And Most of the pictures I post are Gigantic.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:05 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

By default, there is no option (especially if the image is remote linked), but there are plugins available that can resize pictures and give members an option in their CP to control default behavior.

I'm sure if the members thought this was an issue or were to request such, it probably could be considered.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know ive seen it in the CP.. so lets make it happen folks!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Almost a year later I'll jump in and recommend the same thing. Posts like this, in which someone posts a 3263 x 1839 image, throw off the display of the entire thread, making everything harder to read, harder to reply to, etc.

I've seen this handled a few different ways.
(1) Some forums (NASIOC, for instance - vBulletin 3.7.0) auto-resize the images, and you can click on a bar at the top of the image to enlarge it to full size. I think this is the best option, but I don't know what it does to server load (which I know, based on the FAQ, is a concern.)
(2) Some forums (cadillacforums.com, vB 4.1.5) resize images and don't give you any option to bring them back to normal size. I find this method really annoying, since most of us have monitors that can support images significantly bigger than the forum default resized images.
(3) And some forums (corner-carvers.com, for instance, vB 3.7.3) have each post default to a "normal" width, so a post with a bigass image only affects that post, not the entire thread. If #1 isn't an option, then I think this is the next best thing.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

It appears I'm the only one who notices / cares. Here's another thread that's been screwed up by someone posting a picture that is over 3600 pixels wide.

Quick Reply: Is there an option to auto resize pictures in threads