User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Any iPhone forum support?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Any iPhone forum support?

Quick question any iPhone apps that support this forum. Hard to navigate from iPhone through full site
Old 07-22-2010, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a drop down menu in the bottom left corner and you can choose the mobile option.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Or,

http://www.tapatalk.com/

But, LS1Tech will have to add the plug in for it to work...awesome app though works on most Smartphones (iPhone, Driod, etc...)
Old 07-22-2010, 07:39 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The Tapatalk application charges a fee for each user who wishes to do anything more than just read:

Hence why Tapatalk has not been installed here on LS1Tech and was passed. Of course things could change, but the Tapatalk application is not free if you want to do anything more than just read.

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
Or,

http://www.tapatalk.com/

But, LS1Tech will have to add the plug in for it to work...awesome app though works on most Smartphones (iPhone, Driod, etc...)
Old 07-22-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JT, didn't you say something about IB working on a free solution similar to taptalk?

Also, with as many people that have asked to use it, why not let them decide if they want it only to read or not? I have a cell phone from 2005 (and wish cell phones didn't exist), but I support the users who would like to have it as an option. Mobile devices seem to be the wave of the present and future.

Just my $.02.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:06 PM

Sharpe, that was the summary of it. Your suggestion would be something that Robb would probably have to address as this is not my area.

Originally Posted by Sharpe
JT, didn't you say something about IB working on a free solution similar to taptalk?

Also, with as many people that have asked to use it, why not let them decide if they want it only to read or not? I have a cell phone from 2005 (and wish cell phones didn't exist), but I support the users who would like to have it as an option. Mobile devices seem to be the wave of the present and future.

Just my $.02.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think you guys can see which browsers / platforms are accessing the site from your server logs. I don't mind paying for an app, it's not the end of the world if it isn't free. I don't know if there is a cost on the server side though.

There is one app I really like (craigslist pro on the iphone) for craigslist browsing and it's better than craigslist.

So I thought I'd ask and see if anything was out yet, there are a few forum readers in the App store now, I bought one, works on cz28.com but not as smooth as the craigslist app.

I also tried the mobile version today, looks liket that's setup for a windows handheld, the fonts are too small for a touch interface. it's semi usable just not ideal
Old 07-23-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't have a problem using the full version on my iphone.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by infinitebird
I don't have a problem using the full version on my iphone.
it works, i know, it's not ideal. there is a lot of overhead though and takes a while to jump in/out of different forums and you have to constantly resize to read/follow links.

It would be nice if there was a touch interface.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Regular

I gave up on the mobile version, just use the full site on my iPhone. It kinda sucks when writing posts but until they let the members decide on their own if they wanna pay for tapatalk, and just install the plug-in, the full site on the small screen will do.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I use the full version and get on tech almost excusively with my iPhone. It's almost impossible for me to use the mobile version though.

Also when I try to search on any ib forums including this one, I'll type one letter and the search bar disappears, then I hit search again and the box shows up in a different location and works.. Been doing this for atleast a year to me on my iPhone using full version. Happen to any one else? Maybe ib will see this and fix it...
Old 08-05-2011, 05:05 PM

Tapatalk mostly likely won't happen.

Instead, there is a planned upcoming Apple and Android app. It's pretty much already developed, but there's been some red tape issues so it's been delayed.

Originally Posted by LT1FirebirdSLP
I gave up on the mobile version, just use the full site on my iPhone. It kinda sucks when writing posts but until they let the members decide on their own if they wanna pay for tapatalk, and just install the plug-in, the full site on the small screen will do.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

correct me if i am wrong, but tapatalk does not charge the website to use the app, but it does charge the user a one time fee of $2.99.

I would love to see it added because i, and im sure many others, already have this app for other forums.

i find myself using the other site much more than this one just because of how easy it is to use on tapatalk.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:13 PM

Yes, Tapatalk does charge the user the fee. However, that's not the extent of the concerns that has resulted a decision to not install the 3rd party app.

Unfortunately, I don't have any updates about the solution to offer at this time.

Originally Posted by derekbuckner1
correct me if i am wrong, but tapatalk does not charge the website to use the app, but it does charge the user a one time fee of $2.99.

I would love to see it added because i, and im sure many others, already have this app for other forums.

i find myself using the other site much more than this one just because of how easy it is to use on tapatalk.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Any updates on this? It's odd that it doesn't require the site to pay anything... I don't see why someone would complain about paying something when there wasnt a free option to begin with?

Quick Reply: Any iPhone forum support?