User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

can't post pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can't post pictures

I tried uploading pictures through managed attachments but it doesn't work any more. Did the admin deactivate that privilege? if so why? what did I do wrong?
Old 03-18-2013, 04:04 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

In order to assist, we'll need more information. Are you receiving any error messages? What exactly isn't working in the process?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:21 PM
9 Second Club

^^^I go to load pictures and I get a message "can't find server". when I reload the page it redirects me to ls1tech with a message that my privilege may have been deactivated.^^^
Old 03-18-2013, 06:32 PM
Teching In

i cant start new threads, who would i talk to?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 PM

In the Classifieds? If so:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...questions.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/6882681-post3.html

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
For Sale Forums - Posting Problems

Every registered user on LS1tech is now required to have a minimum of 50 posts, or a minimum of 6 months membership duration before they can gain the privilege of posting a NEW THREAD or REPLY in the Classifieds sections, or post FOR SALE / WANT TO BUY ad (or REPLY with selling / purchasing intent) in any section of the site. Post whoring (i.e. "cool, nice car, ..., sweet.....etc) to reach 50+ posts is not allowed. Post count will be reset to zero with or without any notification. If member is caught post whoring two times they will be banned.

Unfortunately, we've had to put this restriction on our site due to so many lurking scammers popping up and taking honest money. This restriction has helped to ring out a lot of the scammers looking to make a quick buck on our site. Posting for sale items in other forums to circumvent this rule is prohibited and the posts will be deleted.

After your 50th post, it takes a period of 24 hours to update your access to the classifieds forums. DO NOT make a post requesting instant access upon making your 50th post, the system is automated. The database updates certain records on a daily basis, it is not instantaneous. Any threads regarding this will be locked/ignored.

Please do not contact us asking to circumvent this 50 post rule. The system is automated and we do not make exceptions. We feel that the classifieds forums here are a privilege to contributing members, not a free service for new members.
Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with your account.

Originally Posted by rwhittmore86
i cant start new threads, who would i talk to?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:16 PM

I checked your account and there is no permission issue.

What browser and version are you using, any 3rd party security software, and what theme are you using?

I'm not seeing any issue with the attachment system at this time.

I'd try clearing your browser's cache and then checking to see if you have any 3rd party security software that is blocking the feature.

Originally Posted by transampetews6
^^^I go to load pictures and I get a message "can't find server". when I reload the page it redirects me to ls1tech with a message that my privilege may have been deactivated.^^^
Attached Thumbnails can't post pictures-logo.png  
Old 03-19-2013, 07:04 AM
9 Second Club

^^^thanks for the advice^^^
Old 03-19-2013, 10:10 PM
9 Second Club

ugg still not working??? I cleared my history and cookies. I'm using Google chrome and explorer. doesn't work on either.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:56 PM

The cache is different from history and cookies and is what was suggested. If the issue occurs in both Chrome and IE, then I can only suspect there is some sort of security software or network that may be interfering. I'm able to attach and the logs show others have been attaching as well.

Just to make it clear, do you even get the the Manage Attachment window where you can select the files to upload? Does that process work?

Originally Posted by transampetews6
ugg still not working??? I cleared my history and cookies. I'm using Google chrome and explorer. doesn't work on either.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JeremyT
The cache is different from history and cookies and is what was suggested. If the issue occurs in both Chrome and IE, then I can only suspect there is some sort of security software or network that may be interfering. I'm able to attach and the logs show others have been attaching as well.

Just to make it clear, do you even get the the Manage Attachment window where you can select the files to upload? Does that process work?
yes I get the window and when I click to upload and I get a message in that window that said "can't find server" when I reload that window it sends me to a page that suggest that my privilege may be removed.

Last edited by transampetews6; 03-20-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:35 AM
9 Second Club

test...OK it works here but for some reason not on my for sale post. here's my for sale post https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...but-motor.html
Attached Thumbnails can't post pictures-1336354417332.jpg  

Last edited by transampetews6; 03-20-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Quick Reply: can't post pictures