Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default name change?

how do i do it or can someone? TY
Old 07-07-2013, 06:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking

1) Choose your new name carefully. Practice signing with it. Have a few people close to you call you by that name, and see how you like it. You can change your first name, middle name, last name, or all of the above. Just make sure your new name doesn't imply "fraudulent intent" or is not in the public interest by:

2) Fill out a petition. Most states require you to fill out a petition (or application) listing your reasons for wanting to change your name. Remember that this will be submitted to a judge, so make sure it explains your reasoning completely and correctly.

3) Have your petition notarized or signed by a court clerk.

4) Make copies for your own records.

5) File your petition with your local civil court. Visit your local civil court in person to file the petition with a clerk. He or she will give you a court date, which you should make sure you can attend.

6) Attend your hearing. Most name-change hearings are fairly straightforward. The judge might have a few questions for you, though. Try to answer clearly and honestly.

7) Get a copy of your name change court order. If the judge approves your request, you'll be granted a name change court order, probably given to you by your local civil court clerk. Make a copy for your records.

8) Put an ad in the newspaper announcing your name change (optional). This gives the public a chance to object to your name change if, say, you owe debt under your current name. Some states allow you to simply post in a public place such as a designated bulletin board at the courthouse.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA! I don't think that's what he meant grim. I am curious of changing my screen name on this site. OP, sometimes you have to be more specific, for folks like grim. I know I can just create a new account, but then I lose all of my street cred.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

No name changes. It was written by the site's founders/previous owners and it has always stayed in-place as a standing rule. I'm sure they would have no problem with you starting a new account with the new name of your liking.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:02 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...questions.html

Quick Reply: name change?