User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

how can new member report another for ripping them off?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how can new member report another for ripping them off?

HI, 4/15/15 I paid vbls 800 dollars for a set of wheels and tires delivered. I have asked repeatedly for tracking numbers and such, he told me a week later that his secretary had shipped the parts Thursday morning... it is now the first and I have received nothing and have no tracking numbers and vbls won't answer the phone or texts... I tried to do a post about this transaction but it seems that new members can't hardly do crap on this site except get ripped off and no way to let people know... so how do I do it? how do I let them know a piece of crap will take your money and not deliver the goods as promised in a timely manner if at all?
Old 04-30-2015, 11:20 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,278 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

We don't allow new members to access the classifieds section until they have 50 posts/6 months membership, this policy is to cut down on scammers. So I can only assume that you must've used the PM system as a work-around to complete this transaction and avoid our classifieds section rules.

We have a Negative Trader Rating section for posts such as this, but again the actual parts classified section(s) is(are) for tenured members.

Additionally, there is the iTrader rating system (link is under a given user name next to "Trader Rating") to report transaction experiences for others to view prior to doing business with a member.

So iTrader system and Negative Trader Rating sections are the correct areas to report this for future member research/reference. If there is repeat/solid evidence posted of scamming, such offenders will be banned from the site. Having said that, the LS1Tech classifieds are here on a use-at-your-own-risk basis. LS1Tech, and associated staff, do not assume any liability or responsibility for any transactions that are initiated via this site. We offer a place for listings to be posted, and buyers and sellers to connect, but we do not get involved in settling said transactions.

If you cannot contact a member to whom you have sent funds, and you have received no item, tracking info or refund, you may want to consider pursuing legal action against the individual in question.

-Admin.

Quick Reply: how can new member report another for ripping them off?