User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Wont let me post in the for sale section. Help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wont let me post in the for sale section. Help.

I've been on here awhile I'm not sure I did anything wrong but I never had this issue. It says I can't post in the for sale section now what did I do wrong if anything or is it a glitch? I sold many things so far.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:21 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Are you using the new Marketplace? The old classified areas are no longer accepting new threads.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Are you using the new Marketplace? The old classified areas are no longer accepting new threads.
oh thank you for that yes I used it but didn't know of there was a difference lol
Old 08-09-2018, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

So all old threads have to be remade?
Old 08-11-2018, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
So all old threads have to be remade?
seems that way to me. They’re trying everything they can to run this place into the ground even more than it already is.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by blk00ss

seems that way to me. They’re trying everything they can to run this place into the ground even more than it already is.
I don't care for the new marketplace section at all.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thats exactly WTF was going through my mind. Are you trying to run off what little bit of traffic you have left or what? Why can't people who run these sites figure out what people want. Shows how useless their college degrees are.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:59 AM
IB Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The old classifieds had multiple issues, including the inability to go past one page of search results. We apologize that you may have to copy your old listing to this new system, but your listing will be much easier to find.

If there are any specific features from the old marketplace that are missing in this update, please let me know.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
The old classifieds had multiple issues, including the inability to go past one page of search results. We apologize that you may have to copy your old listing to this new system, but your listing will be much easier to find.

If there are any specific features from the old marketplace that are missing in this update, please let me know.
I will give it a go.
Old 08-18-2018, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

would it had not been easier to fix the one page problem than to create an entirely new system? I mean, the search function use to work flawlessly. But you guys fucked that up like usual. LEAVE **** ALOBE.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:51 PM
IB Staff

would it had not been easier to fix the one page problem than to create an entirely new system? I mean, the search function use to work flawlessly. But you guys fucked that up like usual. LEAVE **** ALOBE.
The Marketplace search on the left rail should work the exact same way it did in the old Classifieds. Let me know if there is anything you can't find or an option that isn't working.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Hi, I've been a member for a while and haven't posted since I sold my LS Swap GN. I just tried to post in the Classifieds a car for trade but I was restricted. anything I can do?
Old 08-30-2018, 01:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

da faq? How are we supposed to edit sold items, add new ones etc?

The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 1440 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administratorto make alterations on your message.

I will say it, I will move everything now and in the future to FB and not list here anymore. Obviously thats what you want to happen isnt it IB? What is your major malfunction?
Old 08-30-2018, 02:56 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
da faq? How are we supposed to edit sold items, add new ones etc?

The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 1440 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administratorto make alterations on your message.

I will say it, I will move everything now and in the future to FB and not list here anymore. Obviously thats what you want to happen isnt it IB? What is your major malfunction?
This is fixed now and the edit time is back to normal
Old 08-30-2018, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

They just destroyed the classified section, thats why. no reason to come to this site anymore. F'ing idiots.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

This is fixed now and the edit time is back to normal
If this is true thank you!
Old 08-30-2018, 05:09 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
They just destroyed the classified section, thats why. no reason to come to this site anymore. F'ing idiots.
If there are any specific features from the old marketplace that are missing in this update, please let me know. The experience should be nearly identical.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If there are any specific features from the old marketplace that are missing in this update, please let me know. The experience should be nearly identical.
Shrink everything back down so I can look at more than a few items on a page. The search no longer brings anything up im looking for, maybe 3 things and I know there are several more. After seeing it visually, then seeing it fail.... ever hear of dont fix what isnt broken? Your title on top the website should read "always ruining a good thing". You did this a few years ago and it was an epic failure.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:11 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
Shrink everything back down so I can look at more than a few items on a page. The search no longer brings anything up im looking for, maybe 3 things and I know there are several more. After seeing it visually, then seeing it fail.... ever hear of dont fix what isnt broken? Your title on top the website should read "always ruining a good thing". You did this a few years ago and it was an epic failure.
Thanks for the specifics. I agree that only showing 20 listings per page is too few and we will try and match the listings per page of the old style. For search, the marketplace search will only find items in the new system and any parts or listings from the old classifieds won't show up. The main site search should still find older listings, created before we launched Marketplace in the past month or so:

Edit: let me check on search for older posts as it is not working as I explained above. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Wont let me post in the for sale section. Help.