User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

What's with some of these Moderators?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's with some of these Moderators?

What the hell is going on with some of these moderators? It seems to me that anyone can be a moderator. You hit 3,000 posts and your a moderator. Some guys are being ******** about the whole search thing. It seems like every thread you look in now a days and there's a moderator saying "SEARCH" with no other feedback. What is this site for if you can't post a question without a know-it-all moderator being a ********? Some times people deserve it, but now a days it is out of hand. I must stress that it is not all, but many that are like this. It's more of "I'm a moderator and I know everything and you don't know ****! I make 20 posts a day of BS so I'm a god here." What's next, ls1moderator.com.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to search this before asking.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Better be careful saying that:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=organizations
You might **** off the wrong mod with an ego issue.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im with you man. Im pretty sure mostly EVERYTHING LS1 related as been discussed sometime or another. If everyone searched for stuff, there wouldnt be very many posts. Also, everytime I search for something I click on the thread, and someone always says search.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have to agree with you guys. at least when jrp does it he usually adds a helpful llink or something
Old 10-10-2004, 04:15 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bads02Z28
What the hell is going on with some of these moderators? It seems to me that anyone can be a moderator. You hit 3,000 posts and your a moderator. Some guys are being ******** about the whole search thing. It seems like every thread you look in now a days and there's a moderator saying "SEARCH" with no other feedback. What is this site for if you can't post a question without a know-it-all moderator being a ********? Some times people deserve it, but now a days it is out of hand. I must stress that it is not all, but many that are like this. It's more of "I'm a moderator and I know everything and you don't know ****! I make 20 posts a day of BS so I'm a god here." What's next, ls1moderator.com.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to search this before asking.
maybe because most of the tech mods at least do everything they can to provide basic information in stickies and othere variances and a good portion of the members blatently ignore it. i mean be real, do we really need another "is X product good" when there are at least 3-5 threads on X product on the first page.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

JRP, I agree with you, but it is out of hand. Many questions that I speak of being asked are not in the stickies or common asked questions . If someone asks "what a drill mod" is, or "will a pully drain my battery", then they have it coming. I speak of less general Qs, more specific and opinionated. I understand thread control, but whats the point if they are ALL posted with SEARCH. You are one of the best mods I see around here. There are many others that should be more like you. Keep up the good work, and I will keep on search'n.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

it doesn't really bother me.....i use a lot of different sites for info, and different mods and different sites always have different ways of doing things.....on the buick site you can't be argumentative in the least bit, but that's fine....on this site, it gets pretty heated, and that's fine.....but they both keep it more informative than anything else for the most part, unlike some other sites....there pry are too many mods here, and they should pry just ignore some of the stuff rather than incite or just type "search", but there are good ones too.....as long as they aren't banning you for no good reason i would just roll with it......

but that's just me, and i have an i.q. lower than the top speed of a moped
Old 10-21-2004, 11:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jdustu
but that's just me, and i have an i.q. lower than the top speed of a moped
dude thats the funniest thing i've heard since i saw team america last weekend.

i'm somewhat guilty of the "******* search, newbie" mentality. but almost every time i flame someone, i try and answer their question as well. jrp nailed it, when the first page is covered in "will this work with my combo?" questions, when EVERY sponsers website has that info, then it defeats the purpose. this site has excellent information on it, but while we should not forget the simple issues, we need to focus on what has kept us the best on the net, and that is the real tech stuff. mods are here to keep this site focused and uncluttered. members searching helps avoid repetitive threads....that keep popping up again and again and again. mods will stop telling members to search when members start learning how to search. its that simple.

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 10-21-2004 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:53 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Comments noted.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:23 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Comments noted.
lol, is that kind of like the "use the search" blow off? j/k

Old 11-11-2004, 04:30 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Ouch.

We watch who is posting, look at how they comport themself, and we tend to go after folks who race a lot.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:41 AM
11 Second Club

Well thank you for looking over this. I try to present myself professionally in all aspects of life. I also try to not waist peoples time my researching prior to asking as this is a way of life and avoid laziness in finding an answer. This site is great. Keep up the good work.

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:08 AM
FormerVendor

Well lets think of it like the supreme court...which uses "precedents" to decide current cases which have similar circumstances to previously trialed cases.

Now with that in mind, think of the questions that are currently being asked...which have been asked 10000000 times before.....think of the Mods as being Judges which are using precedents to answer the question that is currently being asked....so directing the person in question to the search key is their way of pointing you in the direction for the right answer without having to type up an answer again............i.e, using "precedents" to answer the question

Im sorry if that didnt make sense, im an engineering student...not a law/gov student, so be easy on me
Old 11-12-2004, 10:24 AM
STF Veteran

I agree with Bads02Z28. If someone new comes on this site and asks a question that has been asked before. How are they supposed to know that it has been asked before? The mod that answers questions with "use the search feature" comes off as arrogant or that they don't have time to answer your question or worse that they don't think your question is important enough to warrent a response. I think you can suggest using the search button without being brutally blunt. I realize the search function is important but people come to these places (LS1Tech) to interact and get feed back from people more knowledgable than themselves. Not to be blown off by someone that is tired of answering questions. This is just my opinion.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:28 AM
FormerVendor

true 99LS1SS, if you agree to be a moderator...you should know your agreeing to show respect to all members, new or old...regardless

and if a few simple, mundane questions are asked...it should be your duty to answer them respectfully
Old 11-12-2004, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
lol, is that kind of like the "use the search" blow off? j/k

I think he was just leaving something to let you know that the big man hears you.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:57 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
I think he was just leaving something to let you know that the big man hears you.
The "j/k" at the end of my post means "just kidding."

Old 11-13-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

I, for one, use the search button frequently... BUT, sometimes you don't have time to read through 30 pages of posts with the word "wheels" in it (for example) just to find the info that is relative to your specific case. Ya know?
Old 11-13-2004, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

EXACTLY 99fireTA. I have been a member for awhile and never hardly post, because I try to use the search function first, but sometimes the search functions turns out page after page of crap that I don't want. And yes I do narrow my searches down. I sometimes find a good deal on ebay and need a quick answer to see if the part will fit and asking usually gets a quick reply. Just my 2 cents!
Old 11-13-2004, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Being new to this site but not to Message Boards, I am constantly using the "search". I've found a lot of what Just Floor It said...most threads include someone saying- "do a search". Now, as you can see to the left I have not posted much because I do find A TON of information by searching correctly and filtering through everything.
I think it'll be a long long time before I start a thread with a question though, cause I'm sure I'll get flamed if it's ever been answered before-which may drive some newbies away that could really use the **support** of some people hear to help **enjoy the sport**!

Quick Reply: What's with some of these Moderators?