User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Advanced Tech

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advanced Tech

Just curious as to why there isnt an advanced tech on this board. Im fairly active on CZ28.com and I really like the advanced tech section there because you dont have to swim through all the "what cam for my car" posts.

It is kinda nice to just discuss motor dynamics like exhaust tuning, cylinder head dynamics, cam dynamics, engine buildups... without having to search for them.

Just a thought,
Stu
Old 03-28-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

i just checked it out. it has all of two pages of posts, and it doesn't seem that the posts are any different than whats in our current internals/externals section.

what makes you think people would stick to the normal internals section with a cam question when it doesn't get answered in 6 hours if they can't do a simple search and extrapolate some information from the cornicopia of input from users that exists currently on this database? impatient people or lazy people aren't going to be any more disciplined b/c you add a nice sign asking them to be. thats my personal experience.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

Well there are some posts that arent that in depth, but check out some of the longer threads. That section is a place to get some REAL questions answered that a dealership or a speed shop typically cant or wont tell you.

It is kinda nice to have a place where you know there arent any questions about bolt ons or basica cam questions.

Its just a nice way to separate really difficult questions if you ask me. I get kinda sick of answering questions about headers and cams. It is alot more interesting to have conversations with engine builders where you are talking about fluid flow inside an engine and variables that affect power.

Maybe its just me :shrug:
Old 03-29-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, the typical cam questions can get monotonous, but it is what it is. It may be something to look into, I dunno. If you're that tired of cam questions wander into externals forum and check out all the true dual questions
Old 03-29-2005, 06:59 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

The other sites NEED a forum like that. We do not however, as our regular technical forums are far more advanced than most other sites when it comes to technical discussions.

So, we would need a super duper advanced technical discussion forum on this site. lol
Old 03-29-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
i just checked it out. it has all of two pages of posts, and it doesn't seem that the posts are any different than whats in our current internals/externals section.

what makes you think people would stick to the normal internals section with a cam question when it doesn't get answered in 6 hours if they can't do a simple search and extrapolate some information from the cornicopia of input from users that exists currently on this database? impatient people or lazy people aren't going to be any more disciplined b/c you add a nice sign asking them to be. thats my personal experience.
for all who wnt that to the point, he means: no its not needed.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

"So, we would need a super duper advanced technical discussion forum on this site. lol"

Mayeb get in to thermal dynamics, electrical theory, fluid mechanics and quantom physics.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:36 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Tony and I really pioneered having specific tech forums for different applications.

While I don't disagree that the internal engine forum is pretty big, there is no easy way cut it up beyond what we have done.

Our next new forum will probably be for wiring.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:10 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
So, we would need a super duper advanced technical discussion forum on this site. lol
Old 04-05-2005, 05:05 AM
On The Tree

I guess it all depends on what you want the forum to be. As I see it now... this forum is for LS1 advice directed towards the amatuer mechanic.

I dont see a problem having an advanced tech in general for those types of questions that the general public cant answer. There is no need to break it down into groups, just a whole scale advanced tech where those with alot more knowledge can see them easier.

It could cover topics from (but not limited to) thermal expansion to port velocity. Hell, take a look at some of the engineering boards... they have people like Darin Morgan (former head porter for DEI) in there giving porting advise.

Just trying to help LS1tech grow.

-Stu
Old 04-05-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the level of expertise in this forum is VERY high. It seems like we have the correct mix of skills here to get through any problem. As far as an "advanced tech", there are alot of them here and I've seen some pretty "in depth" threads develope.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Oscar Will
I think the level of expertise in this forum is VERY high. It seems like we have the correct mix of skills here to get through any problem. As far as an "advanced tech", there are alot of them here and I've seen some pretty "in depth" threads develope.
I agree. However it seems like the content is drifting toward the same basic questions being posted over and over again. Maybe it's just me but the threads with good juicy information are becoming less common.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by disco192
I guess it all depends on what you want the forum to be. As I see it now... this forum is for LS1 advice directed towards the amatuer mechanic.
You sir have blinders on if that is the case. No offense meant.

Quick Reply: Advanced Tech