User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Girl-less Calendar?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nudity>Modesty

The calender looks amazing you guys are doing a great job, keep it up!

We were made in God's image right? So get naked and show your God off!
Old 11-24-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Originally Posted by TexasWS6
I am married, have a little boy, and am a Christian. Since this is a Christian home, I want to keep our home 'clean' and free of such items. The cars are hot enough as it is
I know this is unpopular, and goes against the grain, but I want you to know that I appreciate how you feel and agree 100%. I know there are a lot more people that feel the why you and I do about this but are too afraid to stand out and say anything.

You did not ask anyone to give up their girlie calendar, just make one so the rest of us loyal LS1Tech members can enjoy as well. I understand that they feel finances don't allow it to be done, but no one should blast you just for asking.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being a Christian myself (as all of the moderators know, and most probably don't like ) I'm going to have to agree and disagree with a lot of the things said. First there is a difference between going to the beach and seeing things and supporting those things you see. You don't go to the beach and tell your little kid whoa look at that girl over there ain't she hot, if you weren't wanting him to see her. I think there should be two calenders but that's not possible now and maybe not ever. Too much money, too much time, so Brian and Tiffany have said. Brian made a good point with the fact that it's not the women it's the lust. However, I don't think a lot of people can look at these women and not lust. It's human nature. I don't think the calenders are bad. I'll support them, mostly because I'm a part of the staff here, but I won't buy one because it's not something that's going to help me. It's not setting an example for what I stand for. Just like I won't post certain things in the staff lounge. I get a lot of crap for it, but that's the price you pay for being a Christian. I appreciate everyone who respects people's views even though the disagree with them. Cyphur's a good example. We don't get along the best, mostly because of our different views probably, but it's all good. I think things are getting a little better.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Fiery Features Director

Please don't make this about religion. I am a religious person and I see nothing wrong with what we are doing. The simple fact is demand. We know that we can sell atleast 1,000 of the calendars with girls in a heartbeat. Honestly, the girls are one of the big reasons that this is so. Do you think we would be able to sell 1,000 girl-less calendars? If someone would like to guarentee this, I would be more than happy to drop the models and shoot only the cars. This would definately take a TON of stress off of me. However, I am not only a religious person, but a realist. I know what the majority wants and I give it to them. As I said before, if we had the means to do both without suffering one bit, I would do it! It just isn't possible...

On the same note... several people wanted a nude calendar. Same answer applies.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Zangel
Please don't make this about religion. I am a religious person and I see nothing wrong with what we are doing. The simple fact is demand. We know that we can sell atleast 1,000 of the calendars with girls in a heartbeat. Honestly, the girls are one of the big reasons that this is so. Do you think we would be able to sell 1,000 girl-less calendars? If someone would like to guarentee this, I would be more than happy to drop the models and shoot only the cars. This would definately take a TON of stress off of me. However, I am not only a religious person, but a realist. I know what the majority wants and I give it to them. As I said before, if we had the means to do both without suffering one bit, I would do it! It just isn't possible...

On the same note... several people wanted a nude calendar. Same answer applies.
I am not going to judge anyone and their religion nor do I want change the currant calendar.

But for me, I personally can not buy this calendar because of my religion. Which is as follows:

James:1:27: Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world..
No offence meant to anyone who does not see anything wrong with it.

But....if any time in the future a "Cars only" calendar was made, while I can't guarantee 1000 sold, I can guarantee one.

Thanks for listening.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joking511
Just my 2 cents . But there seems to be a quit a request for a calender without girls . .
there are over 50,000 members on this board, there are 30-40 asking for a girl less calander. that aint good odds.

You know, for those of you that feel so strongly about this, why ask others to do FOR you , what you can do yourself?

Its why i respect the awmish (spelling) so much. They dont spend there time preaching to others about what they should do, they go out and do it. I'll bet you that same shiny quarter, that if the awmish wanted there own horse and buggy calander without woman, not only would they make it themselves, they would build the printing press, the camara, and the sets all themselves too....
Old 11-24-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

Ummm sorry but there a calendar? How do I get one? And from what im hearing leave the nice ladies in the callie
Old 11-24-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zangel
On the same note... several people wanted a nude calendar.
sign me up for one of those...
Old 11-24-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ls1tech would go out of business if they had a girl-less calander. i wouldn't waste my money either. lol
Old 11-24-2005, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There aren't many people who have spent more time in church than me. I attended a church school, went to church every day except some Saturdays, and I volunteered for church activities. I liked women then and I like women now. I like the way they look and I like the way they smell. I've always been an admirer of beautiful smart women. I married the hottest, most intelligent woman I ever met. I hope my son has the same heterosexual proclivity.

It looks tasteful to me. If there is a market for an F-body calendar with the Crucifix in the background or John the Baptist blessing the engine, or Jimmy Swaggert or Oral Roberts Junior or the Pope laying across the hood, or a Camaro SS parting the Red Sea, then make one, market it, and give the profits to your church.

Personally, I like the girls.

Now, I have to say that I have seen an inordinate number of women driving F-body cars lately. Anybody making a calendar for them yet?
Old 11-24-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

kenp, very well said.

folks, if religion is your thing, and that interferes with your appreciation with the art in the calendar, don't buy it. right now, the individuals who produce them don't have the resources to produce more than one version to satiate everyone's desires, so only the hottie-laden version shall be produced. for those of you who cannot appreciate that calendar, i apologize, but as its been said, go buy one from a bookstore.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kenp
There aren't many people who have spent more time in church than me. I attended a church school, went to church every day except some Saturdays, and I volunteered for church activities. I liked women then and I like women now. I like the way they look and I like the way they smell. I've always been an admirer of beautiful smart women. I married the hottest, most intelligent woman I ever met. I hope my son has the same heterosexual proclivity.

It looks tasteful to me. If there is a market for an F-body calendar with the Crucifix in the background or John the Baptist blessing the engine, or Jimmy Swaggert or Oral Roberts Junior or the Pope laying across the hood, or a Camaro SS parting the Red Sea, then make one, market it, and give the profits to your church.

Personally, I like the girls.

Now, I have to say that I have seen an inordinate number of women driving F-body cars lately. Anybody making a calendar for them yet?
May I ask a question of you? Why would you make fun of a Christian wanting a girl-less calendar, but say nothing about the people who want a nude calendar? Surely there are some **** star they could donate some money to if they made their own calendar.

I can buy a calendar at Walmart, might even be able find some with cars on them.....but the point is, they are not LS1Tech calendars.

No one asked that the current calendar with girls not be made, not trying to change anyone here. Just asked if there was one available without the girls.

OK, you can bash away again, Christians seem to fair game.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SmokinHot98
Ummm sorry but there a calendar? How do I get one? And from what im hearing leave the nice ladies in the callie

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/389636-ls1tech-calendars-here.html
Old 11-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
OK, you can bash away again, Christians seem to fair game.
Personally, I'm amazed by the amount of discussion this topic has generated. The original poster asked a legitimate question, and quickly received a legitmate answer. It should have been over after 4 or 5 posts. If there's bashing going on, it's directed to those who have needlessly drawn out this discussion.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't see anything in here that would be construed as bashing. I see people being a touch oversensitive, in my opinion. But, RevGTO stated it well -- and the question has been answered.

So with that, topic closed. Thank you to everyone, for sharing your opinions, feelings, and beliefs. I really enjoy these discussions and sharing others points of view, but we're not a religion site

Quick Reply: Girl-less Calendar?