User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Where did LS1Tech come from?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:19 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyThunder17
+1 for this site. I'm just hoping that we get another couple of search servers, because it's getting weird again.
We are working on that. Maybe several brand new servers coming soon
Old 03-20-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

wow!!! i read this whole thread. its unbelievable how all the ls1tech community comes together here and helps each other out!!! even out on the streets if u happen to run into a f-body in ur car, so much respect is given, its not like other peeps that are into fast cars. ls1tech'ers are a animal of they're own. u mess w/ one, u mess w/ all.

Ever notice how if u go to the mall(etc.) and park away from the group of cars when u come back to ur car there is usually another f-body next to u or even a group of f-bodys???? it happens to me all the time. like i said its all about LOVE & RESPECT.

thanx for making this site, i would b lost w/ out it!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
That would rock! Although I have to say that I think the error code it gives for the timeout is subliminal messaging...
Old 03-20-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Just wanted to add how much i love this site. The wealth of information is incredible. Now if that damn search wouldnt randomly crap out, lol.

I would be very bored at work without this site, thank you so much!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

i love how we get tons of members who dont even have fbodys, vettes, gto etc.. We have a ton of cobra and 5.0 guys on here and a share of respectable imports, its amazing.. And to see the amount of posts some of guys have make me think theyre probably learning more about their cars here than on their own forums..

And truthfully if it wasnt for Nineball and Pro Stock John the lsx would not have the aftermarket it does today...
Old 03-20-2007, 02:21 PM
9 Second Club

I just want to say Thanks for all the time and work, effort and love put into the most helpful and informative LSX site ever!!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hah. Interesting thread.

Man, I remember when I fell in love with tha ls1.

It was a white SS at San Antonio raceway. Pitch black window tint all the way around, shiny wheels, 6 speed. At the time I was like whoa! a 6 speed!!1!! Took some pictures of It... It had an "LS1" badge on it and I was like huh. wonder what that is.. Googled it when I got home and found LS1Tech. Never even been to LS1.com. I only know about it from LS1TECH. I viewed as a guest for the longest time till I finally registered.. Then got my own ws.6. wow the memories. lol. woops. I'm way off topic. That's how 'I' came to ls1tech.. :p
Old 03-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Teching In

I've been a member over on LS1.com since about Dec. of 2004.
Then something happened to my account after it crashed and could never log on until about 2 months ago when all of a sudden I was able too.

At the time back in late 2004 I was told it was a good forum for selling my unusual 2001 SS hartop that had LS6 enhancements from the factory.
As it turned it was genuine rare kind of LS6 with the *Bullseye* on the door sticker.
I didn't sell it as an LS6 on the forum as I didn't know it was until after the new owner purchased it and informed me of it.
I only thought that it was unusually fast as I had never lost a race with it.

Well a guy on LS1.com called SeVeReDiStOrTiOn bet me a $1000 that it wasn't a factory LS6 when I made a mention of it on the AAG.
I accepted the bet and as he only lived 10 miles away he could come over and see for himself. He never showed.

So after I logged on 2 years later this guy pops on to a thread I'm on in AGG and razz's me with name-calling that would normally get anybody banned.

So I would call his *bluff* everytime and remind him that he owes me $1000 then he proceeds to flame me on perma-ban level.

He did this again last night on EdBlownVerts AAG thread on his new ATI Crossfire which I was helping Ed out since I'm basically a comp nerd that knows his stuff when it comes to computers.

Well wouldn't you know it the bet loser flames me again on AAG this evening and when I responded ... you guessed it .. I was banned for 4 days by Ed.

This was my second temp ban in a 2 months because of my excessive warnings for responding to the bet loser ... LS1.com uses a warning system now ...

AAG over there is definetly for the disturbed.

So I'm gonna get back in touch with my LS1 technical self (I own a 1999 FRC now) and forget that loser enviornment.

LS1 Tech roxx and I'm gonna enjoy it!
Old 03-24-2007, 11:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha +1
Old 03-25-2007, 12:17 AM
12 Second Club

well, as u can tell by my join date i havent been here nearly as long as most have been on this site, hell i was in the Marine Corsps and half-way around the world dreaming of my IROC when this site was created. A guy i met after i bought my z in 05 who had a 98 SS (SS1129) told me to check this site out, and that was a rap!! Bought the car in March of 05 and a few months later i started gulping up the endless pool of knowledge that is LS1tech.com!! I think i actually tried to join LS1.com but had trouble trying to join and said fug it!!! Anyway, im a member of various other forums, not all just f-body, but they all pale in comparison to this one!! GOD BLESS NINEBALL AND ALL THE ORIGINAL CREATORS!! LONG LIVE LS1TECH!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:24 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

We jumped ship from LS1.com since all they cared about was the AAG section, not much of a tech site. Like already mentioned before.

I started up on LS1.com around 1999, and when I noticed Tony saying something about this new site I ran over and signed up the first day.

Tony is member number #9, and I am #53, well until 2 members/programs whatever came in as #1 & #2 later on.

Been a great site to me, I have met alot of good friends along this journey, I love this site!!!

A big thanks to Tony, Pro Stock John, and Colonel for creating this site!

Peace,
Craig.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:55 PM
9 Second Club

I've said it before... But a big thanks to the owners and everyone who puts in time on this site... I've spent alot of time here

I remember when I joined... I was member #8377 and I thought that was alot of people. I also remember when it turned 15000 thinking I wasn't a "new guy" anymore...lol

It's been 4-1/2 years and there's 80,000 MORE members. Crazy. I've joined alot of different online car forums but this is the only one I keep coming back to.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Banned

This was very interesting reading. Thanks to those responsible.

One can only wonder where things would be today had some old racers had the internet in the beginning.

Some of us experienced the birth of performance vehicles. Some of you brought the technology of linking everyone together. Obviously another example of: If we build it they will come.

But, being who I am and always looking at things from a different angle can someone answer this question? Where in the hell is the support from GM?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Banned

Many posters have said friendships developed through this site. I've always found it's more fun meeting with people than communicating. I try and go to several professional racing events each year, we camp. The same people gather year after year.

Why not an LS1Tech Bash?

GM permitted plant tours through their Lordstown Ohio J-Body plant. Why not contact GM and inform them LS-! wants a plant tour through the new F-Body replacement plant in 2009 or 2010. I hope the plant is in Canada. Get one or two years under your belts before 2011, Chevrolets 100th. years of production.

A gathering, car show, plant tour, and racing all in one week-end. Similar to a Super Chevy Show but different. This is centered around a production plant.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya Thanks To The All The Admins And Mods Who Keep The Site Running. The Day I Got My Z28, Is The Day I Typed In Z28 On Google. It Led Me To "Z28.Com" And "CamaroZ28.Com," But Those Sites Looked Odd To Me, (I Come From 2 Very Large Music Based Forums, So I Know What To Expect From Forums). So I Searched Google Again, But With A Question. Then Ended Up Here, I Guess Someone Else Asked The Same Question And It Showed Up On Google...
Old 06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
But, being who I am and always looking at things from a different angle can someone answer this question? Where in the hell is the support from GM?
They are out trying to woo/seduce the import/dopey NOPI market, which IS smart (and fine by me) IF it works and helps them survive/compete with Japan, Inc. Let's face it, the sad fact is that there are A LOT more of them than us. GM/domestics are only going to be able to sell so many 5th gens/'stangs/Challengers to the importfanboyzz either because they are sooo brainwashed by; hp/liter, FWD, "Asian product superiority" < OR because they simply cannot afford the muscle/pony cars outright (nor the insurance for them). So they put their ad/promotional bucks into agressively marketing to the fartpipe crowd. I for one, sure hope it works in "converting" them to domestic product.

Being an "old timer" myself, and one who was lusting after the new original Z28s, Boss 302s, etc. when he was the age (well, maybe a little younger) of most of the kids on here now, I understand where you're coming from. Yup, those were the days when "imports" were just scarce, slow, quirky, novelties and could NEVER even be considered a "threat" to the brawny domestics, neither economically/trade wise, quality wise, NOR head to head race wise!!
Old 06-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Banned

SALUTE !!! You guys have truly done an outstanding job with this site. Cadoos for everyone involved. Without being too restrictive & at the same time keeping a firm grip on everything that's being said & done on the site has to be a labor of love. Please, keep up the fantastic work . How much has our sight grown , down through the few years of its existence ?

Last edited by Z ROADSTER; 06-27-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
just a suggestion, but what about freeing up server space by limiting SIGS to one per page...

it gets rather old and boring seeing the same sigs over and over esp the ones with quotes, etc...

its like, great we see you have all these mods (but no one evers posts their HP/TQ #'s, why is that?), and a pic of your ride...cool, but 1/2 the time the replies are like 3 words. all this stuff appears for a 3 word post, and you know it takes up space and slows page loading time...

i love the site and the tech help that i dont specifically get from other sites, but before dropping a bunch of money, maybe other forms of action can happen prior to such major overhauls...JMO
Old 06-27-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^sigs are hosted by other websites...so the pics dont really matter
Old 06-27-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

And sigs are limited to 500w x 150h pictures, plus 8 lines of text. There are other forums where you can look through a thread and it's 80% sig pictures... drives me nuts how slowly those pages can load, and how HUGE the sig pictures are. I hate sites like that. I'm glad that LS1Tech has a rigid policy on sig pictures.

Quick Reply: Where did LS1Tech come from?