User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Where did LS1Tech come from?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty new here and this site has been a BIG help really. The only thing I would suggest is a "recent topics" or "active topics" I've used them on other forums alot it just keeps a log of threads that you have been in instead of having to subscribe to them. They show up in you User CP when someone says something after the last time you did. I really like that.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

It came from a stork little boy, a stork....
Old 06-27-2007, 06:01 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by SSuzuki
I'm pretty new here and this site has been a BIG help really. The only thing I would suggest is a "recent topics" or "active topics" I've used them on other forums alot it just keeps a log of threads that you have been in instead of having to subscribe to them. They show up in you User CP when someone says something after the last time you did. I really like that.

User CP -> Edit options -> Change "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to something other than "Do not subscribe"
Old 06-27-2007, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

As a new F-body owner, I didn't know about the "fallout" that took place (until today in fact). I visit both forums on a regular basis - but looking for the same thing - answers to questions, tips, etc. I never visit the "anything goes" sections or kill stories, etc.

LS1.com has provided some good local resources for me, and some of the people on there are knowledgeable. LS1tech is awesome as well, and this site tends to have better technical knowledge all around.

What really sets this site apart is the constant activity. On LS1.com, I can post a thread and only 2 people will respond in 3-4 days. On here, I post a thread and I'll have answers within hours.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is a really interesting thread. I use to *try* to find help on ls1.com years ago but after it crashed I've never been back...that site is a joke. They make those stupid -train- posts just so they can ***** their post #'s up. Congratulations to Pro Stock John and Nineball on making this site such a success!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

Well I've been friends with guys like Nine Ball, Patman, and others since 1998 so that's like 9 years, and 'tech has been around for six years.

To the post earlier in the thread, GM has been stepping up, that's why they have organized the LSX race that is being held in October during the NMCA Finals.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

I put the guitar down after over 23 years of playing to pick up the wrench. Thanx to this site (and my cars original owner, Nate from Nasty Performance), and a handful of other very patient folks,,i can actually do things i thought were impossible to do by myself,,,or without shelling out huge amounts of money for someone else to do,,LS1Tech has built alot of confidence in me to be able to tackle new things. Im a greatful newbie that will use this site forever. Thanx All!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

I just gotta chime in on this here, and say.....guys, I really do appreciate all the effort that goes into making this site happen! I work for GM at a GM Parts & Service Center, and even my techs will ask me if "anyone on LS1Tech has any idea on some mof these problems"....so...you know this website kicks *** if my guys are asking me if any of you have ever experianced certain problems that we do!

In all....I have to say Kudos to this site....because where else can you go and ask a question and have so many "strangers" reply to you, trying to help you out, without complaining about it?
Old 07-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first web site I ever joined was www.thirdgen.org because I have that Camaro. I decided the car was really me but the 305TBI A4 was lame and needed to be canned . I wanted to originally swap in an LT1 M6 combo but everyone there was talking about swapping in an LS1 M6 instead. They had some great info there on the actual swap but the actual LS1 mods didn't get into any real detail. This site was suggested to me and was just what the doctor ordered. One thing lead to another and I became a mod.

Today, I can say this with great pride: 3 years ago , I could not spell "LS1tech moderator". Today, I are one...
Old 07-18-2007, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nautilus
I've said it before... But a big thanks to the owners and everyone who puts in time on this site... I've spent alot of time here

It's been 4-1/2 years and there's 80,000 MORE members. Crazy. I've joined alot of different online car forums but this is the only one I keep coming back to.
I completely agree! I have actually joined twice because the first time, I couldn't remember the stupid password,and had to re register. I had no computer for a year, and in the downtime forgot it. I originally registered as darkangells1 in 2001 when I bought my first lsx car (98 Z28). Now here I am a couple of lsx cars later (had to sell my third gen conversion due to a marrige), and right now I don't even own one (for now).

However there is a great reason why this site has been my homepage for over 3 years. I still find myself learning new things everyday. I do have future plans for atleast 2 more lsx powered cars. They will both be conversions. Without ls1tech, my formula would have never existed (thanks again tony!). I know that this place is the reason that those future plans I have will even be more than just an idea in my head. I look forward to continueing to learn more as well as help others out where I can.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default here's to ya Administraterer's LOL

Old 07-19-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

pretty crazy thread! Bringing back some memories LOL
Old 07-19-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Currently Active Users @ LS1.com = 724
Currently Active Users @ LS1tech.com = 3360

Quick Reply: Where did LS1Tech come from?