User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

New LS1Tech software (identified BUGS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 02:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New LS1Tech software (identified BUGS)

I have noticed several software bugs in the new program...

These include:

1. Poor linking to sponsor cites (software brings me back to an earlier post and not to the sponsor cite.)

2. Screen sizing (software does not correctly size view window so I must use the arrow keys to view all the text)

3. Screen shows only about 10 topics and the user must scroll endlessly to view all the topics.

There are many more bugs but I can't think of them all now....

Should we demand that the software producer fix these immediately, make them re-install the old software until it is fixed, or both?
Old 04-29-2003, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: New LS1Tech software (identified BUGS)

This should be posted in the Lounge. I'm not sure on #1 but #2 and #3 you can take care of by clicking the "My Home" at the top of the page.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:34 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

1) Not sure I'll investigate.

2) Size issue is just in individual forums right, it's not the case in the main forum or in individual threads? Something needs to be adjusted in a table.

3) Go into 'my home' and change the number of threads that show up...
Old 04-29-2003, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

#2 has to do with the TextArea columns under your user preferences reached by clicking on the "My Home" button at the top of the page.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Text Area Columns & Text Area Rows

I can't figure out what these do. If I change the number in either of them, it don't seem to effect anything.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

How much are you changing it by? I put the column number at 100 (if I am remembering correctly) and when I went to reply to a post, the box you type in was so wide it was off the screen and I had to scroll over to see what I typed. I then reduced it to 50 or so and it made the box small again.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh yeh I forgot another software bug!

4. When you first log in there is a check mark asking you if you want the software to remember your login password each time you access the cite. This does not work and I am now required to enter my log-in password each time I access the software even though the check mark has been marked. This was not necessary with the old software...
Old 04-29-2003, 05:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Thanks for the feedback...
Old 04-29-2003, 05:30 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Text Area Columns & Text Area Rows

I can't figure out what these do. If I change the number in either of them, it don't seem to effect anything.
Those two settings adjust the size of the box that you type a reply in.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:53 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Sheesh that helps me too...

Classic and Threads are as similar as gravy and chocolate syrup...
Old 04-29-2003, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

XLR8NSS...

Your exactly right. Thanks for the help
Old 04-29-2003, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeh I forgot another software bug!

4. When you first log in there is a check mark asking you if you want the software to remember your login password each time you access the cite. This does not work and I am now required to enter my log-in password each time I access the software even though the check mark has been marked. This was not necessary with the old software...
this may have been a fluke earlier in the day. After some changes to the site were made I had to relogin to gain access. Since then i've accessed the site numerous times without ever having to re-login.

Something I've noticed around that might need to be changed is the 'Anonymous' users being able to post replies and create new threads.

Also, One thing that I really liked about most other softwares that UBB.Threads is lacking is the ability to see more than just one user's post when replying to a thread. There may or may not be a hack for that, it's been a LONG while since I admin'd a 6.0.1 Threads board.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh yeh yet another software BUG:

5. When trying to read a long thread the new software only allows me to see the first page....pressing the "next" buttom brings me to the next post and not to the next page of the same post.

I AM VERY DISSAPPOINTED IN THIS SOFTWARE. WHY WAS IT NOT CHECKED FOR BUGS PRIOR TO INSTALLATION? IT IS SO BAD THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND CALLING THE MANUFACTUROR AND DEMANDING THAT THE OLD SOFTWARE BE REINSTALLED AT NO CHARGE. I WOULD ALSO DEMAND A FULL REFUND SINCE THIS IS PROBABLY AFFECTING SPONSOR SALES IN A BIG WAY.

A TOTAL PIECE OF JUNK!

Old 04-30-2003, 01:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Well if you fixed it, it only works for you since I have to log in each time!
Old 04-30-2003, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

5. When trying to read a long thread the new software only allows me to see the first page....pressing the "next" buttom brings me to the next post and not to the next page of the same post.

The "Next" button isn't for going to the next page of the current thread. The buttons at the top of the page are for navigating through the forum. That way if there were 15 new topics in this forum, you could click on the first thread, and then from that thread hit the "next" to go to the next thread... without having to jump back to the index EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Your lack of knowledge and familiarity with the software does not constitute a bug in the system. There are very few "bugs" in the software, most of it is small issues concerning the configuration, which is to be expected anytime there is a migration from one product to another. When John and Tony, et al first setup ls1tech, there were some issues. You don't just put something together and it work 100%. So far the software is working out quite excellent IMO. Perhaps this is because I understand the reason the software was switched out, and what exactly it takes to administer and run a board of this caliber.

Would you like some cheese?
Old 04-30-2003, 02:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Look, I realize that you are trying your best to adress these issues and I appreciate your efforts...

I still don;t understand how to move from page to page on an individual thread. I do not see any "next page" buttom at the top of my screeen. The only buttonm I see is a Next button that brings me to the next thread and not to the next page of the same thread.

Is this a browser button you are referring to?

I am NOT the only one who is frustrated. Look at the traffic count here and overall. Overall it is WAY down compared to a similar period before the software upgrade. People are getting so frustrated they just log off...It must be killing sponsor sales.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

The "Next" button isn't for going to the next page of the current thread. The buttons at the top of the page are for navigating through the forum. That way if there were 15 new topics in this forum, you could click on the first thread, and then from that thread hit the "next" to go to the next thread... without having to jump back to the index EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Your lack of knowledge and familiarity with the software does not constitute a bug in the system. There are very few "bugs" in the software, most of it is small issues concerning the configuration, which is to be expected anytime there is a migration from one product to another. When John and Tony, et al first setup ls1tech, there were some issues. You don't just put something together and it work 100%. So far the software is working out quite excellent IMO. Perhaps this is because I understand the reason the software was switched out, and what exactly it takes to administer and run a board of this caliber.

Would you like some cheese?
I totally agree. Robertwhatever, be patient and try to configure your user options. It's not the softwares fault.
TECH Fanatic

This is theMultipage Thread in my view

The Buttons near the yellow highlighted areas are repeated at the top and bottom of all the threads in flat mode.
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Thanks for the feedback and support, we are making a lot of daily progress.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:18 PM
Adkoonerstrator

**EDIT** - Xaon beat me to the explanation but, if you still want to read my reply go ahead.

I think I can help out with your frustration on this one issue.

At the top and bottom of a multipage thread there is a horizontal bar. It transitions in color from red to black. This is where you need to look to go to the next page inside a post. The word "Pages" is there and is followed by numbers for however many pages are in that thread. Just click on the number of the page you want to go to.

Check it out. I think that solves that problem.

The Next/Previous buttons at the bottom of the page are for jumping to the next thread in the forum I think.

Just like most new things this software is going to take some getting used to. If you have a problem just list it here and hopefully somebody had already been through it and can help out.

John

Quick Reply: New LS1Tech software (identified BUGS)