User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Signature Editing by mods BS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Signature Editing by mods BS!

Ok my sig was not in the guide lines set by LS1 Tech. I was not aware of that, sorry I came here to read technical information and not FAQ's.
My sig was totally deleted by XtinctZ28 before I had a chance to even revise it. All i needed was a PM with a link to the FAQ and asking to change the size and I would have worked with it.
No I get this BS where he deleted the whole damn thing without even the common courtesy of letting me know that it was out of line. It had 5 lines of text and an image. I could have edited it down.
I just looked in 2 other posts where this mod has posted and he has replied to posts with members also in violation. They still have there 'illegal' sig.
If you are going to do this to one person, you better do it to every one you see. So XtinctZ28 I do not expect to see you posting anywhere where someone has a sig that does not meet LS1 Tech Standards since you found it necessary to totally delete mine and not even give me a chance to edit it.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

You decided to add Nitro Dave's image to your signature w/o doing anything to ensure it stayed within the guidelines. It is your job to learn and follow guidelines, not ours. We just enforce them.

Also, quit issuing ultimatums to moderators. I don't see your name in red.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cyphur
You decided to add Nitro Dave's image to your signature w/o doing anything to ensure it stayed within the guidelines. It is your job to learn and follow guidelines, not ours. We just enforce them.

Also, quit issuing ultimatums to moderators. I don't see your name in red.
So he only gets to pick the sigs that he doesn't like? That make alot of sense.

Once again I did not realize that it was out of the guidelines. All I needed was a simple PM to inform me to change it.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderbread
So he only gets to pick the sigs that he doesn't like? That make alot of sense.

Once again I did not realize that it was out of the guidelines. All I needed was a simple PM to inform me to change it.
Dude, you need to understand that the mods on this forum have a lot on their plates. Watching signatures is one priority, and it's nearly impossible to treat every person equally. It may seem unfair, but life is unfair, deal with it and move on.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Dude, you need to understand that the mods on this forum have a lot on their plates. Watching signatures is one priority, and it's nearly impossible to treat every person equally. It may seem unfair, but life is unfair, deal with it and move on.
I will, but I did a search on his post, everyone get a post that says to read stickies, why didn't their post just get deleted like my sig did?

You choose to be a mod, so I don't want to hear any crying on how your life is so hard. If you cant deal with it, don't accept the responsibility.

My point is if he posts in a thread where someone else's sig is out of line, why are there sigs not deleted as mine was?

I see other people in the Nitro Daves post said they received warning before it was deleted.... why was I not given that same option?

Really no matter what you guys say here. It is just the huge inconsistency in enforcement of these rules that were put in place that annoy me.

Im over it, just figured I would voice my opinion on how I feel this needs to be addressed.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

OK, first of all I warned EVERYONE in that thread 3 or 4 ******* times to watch their sigs. You were one of the people that CHOSE not to follow the rules. It is not mine nor any other mods job to PM you a link to the rules (that you should already know) and ask you pretty please to change your sig to comply.

That is bullshit, that is like getting a ticket then expecting the police dept. to have sent you a letter with the driving laws and asking you to please not drive 60mph in a school zone again...pretty please? WTF?

I did not go looking for you personally, in fact the entire thread is about signature banners, kind of hard to avoid the spotlight in there. I changed 31 sigs in that thread last night along with yours and so far, you are the only one crying like a baby.

As for what you expect or do not expect from me in the future, I do not give a rats ***. I will promise you this...if I see a sig that is in violation, AND I HAVE THE TIME, I will make sure that it is taken care of also. Cool?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
OK, first of all I warned EVERYONE in that thread 3 or 4 ******* times to watch their sigs. You were one of the people that CHOSE not to follow the rules. It is not mine nor any other mods job to PM you a link to the rules (that you should already know) and ask you pretty please to change your sig to comply.

That is bullshit, that is like getting a ticket then expecting the police dept. to have sent you a letter with the driving laws and asking you to please not drive 60mph in a school zone again...pretty please? WTF?

I did not go looking for you personally, in fact the entire thread is about signature banners, kind of hard to avoid the spotlight in there. I changed 31 sigs in that thread last night along with yours and so far, you are the only one crying like a baby.

As for what you expect or do not expect from me in the future, I do not give a rats ***. I will promise you this...if I see a sig that is in violation, AND I HAVE THE TIME, I will make sure that it is taken care of also. Cool?
You may want to check the FAQ I am sure there is something there on language. Very professional to have a member of the staff cussing like a sailor in the posts.

In the Nitro Daves post, as I replied to a member in the thread. I read what the thread was about in the initial post. I than hit the reply button and put up my plea for a free nitrous system.
If your warning was between pages 2 and 23.... I did not see it as I or most other people would not want to read through 20 some odd pages of I want a free nitrous kit.

I would if anything maybe ask Dave to put something in the thread At the beginning) to remind people of this with a link to the FAQ to help move things along.

Please do not compare LS1 Tech to my local authorities, this is 2 totally different things. I was given an exam to ensure that I knew and understood my driving responsibilities. Seriously... think of something better than that.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Why is it that only sailors can swear? I have always wondered that...I apologize if I offended you.

As for my warnings in that thread, they were preceded by this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....78&postcount=8 Here, let me show you the first line...

"Any signature content that does not meet the following requirements is liable to being edited/removed without warning."

So, you get a sticky, a thread with 3 or 4 warnings concerning members just like you who wanted to put a N.O. banner in their sig, yet you STILL chose to break the rules because you didn't want to read through it all. And now for some reason you feel that you were wronged?

As for my comparison, maybe we should have a method of requiring members to read the stickies (ALL of them) before they can post or edit their profile. That sure would save a lot of work on our part.

I am not going to keep going back and forth over this. You broke the rules and got caught, deal with it and move on.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:45 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,284 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Wonderbread
You choose to be a mod, so I don't want to hear any crying on how your life is so hard. If you cant deal with it, don't accept the responsibility.
Hmmm.... funny you should say that. So lets try it like THIS then:

You choose to be a member, so I don't want to hear any crying on how you think the site is unfair to enforce it's rules. If you can't deal with the rules, don't join the site.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:01 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

What a cry baby.

YOU chose to make your signature exceed the limits here. Don't get butt-hurt because YOU got your hand slapped but someone else might not have.

Our moderators work for free and deal with 100s of member issues on a daily basis. They do not have time to send love letters and ask your permission to edit things. Most of the time, those requests go unanswered and it causes them to do more work to ask again. Our policy is to remove sigs and post a note. Sorry you do not agree with that, but it has worked for us for a few years now.

As for a policy on cussing, we have never had a rule regarding that. Haven't really had anyone abuse it too badly either. As for sigs, people abuse that policy daily.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Hmmm.... funny you should say that. So lets try it like THIS then:

You choose to be a member, so I don't want to hear any crying on how you think the site is unfair to enforce it's rules. If you can't deal with the rules, don't join the site.
Wow, does anybody read what this is actually about.

I have no problems with the rules. I understand they need to be in place to keep the site oraganized and easy to navigate. I also understand the reason for the sig rules and appreciate the reason behind them. I was just not clear on the specifics.

The reason for this post has to do with the inconsistency and what seemed to me to be unnecessary enforcement of these rules/guidelines. I have no problem with rules being enforced for blatant acts. Mine was a simple correction error that could have been addressed in a different manor.

I never once said the rules were wrong and that I was not willing to obey them. I just stated that I did not appreciate the method in which I was informed I was wrong.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
What a big sexy stud you are Leo. Quit being a bitch and deal with it. WTF are you on your rag today or what?.

YOU chose to make your signature exceed the limits here. Don't get butt-hurt because YOU got your hand slapped but someone else might not have.

Our moderators work for free and deal with 100s of member issues on a daily basis. They do not have time to send love letters and ask your permission to edit things. Most of the time, those requests go unanswered and it causes them to do more work to ask again. Our policy is to remove sigs and post a note. Sorry you do not agree with that, but it has worked for us for a few years now.

As for a policy on cussing, we have never had a rule regarding that. Haven't really had anyone abuse it too badly either. As for sigs, people abuse that policy daily.

Fixed that for you Tony.

I usually don't bitch about anything........ just got kind of annoyed because I really didn't know that I was in violation of anything. I signed on here today and I have that PM saying I have a warning. Im thinking wtf did I do, and it p'd me off because I honestly did not realize there was anything wrong and did not read through all of the pointless posts in the thread.
This thread is one of those that ya type up and usually dont post because by the end of it you realize it is pointless. Well instead of hitting back arrow, I hit submit and here we are.

Done deal, I know the sig rules now........just looking for consistency and reason. Have a great weekend
Old 02-01-2008, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

We are looking for consistency too. Since you are the only one bitching about the sig changes, that makes you inconsistent. Please get back in order.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonderbread stop being a Hilary, its a free website. They can put daffy duck there if they wanted
Old 02-01-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You cry like a little girl.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

lol its a friggin sig dude... Fill this out it may help.
Attached Thumbnails Signature Editing by mods BS!-pictures_hurt_feelings.jpg  
Old 02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i vote "Wonderbread"'s user name be changed to Hillary Clinton
Old 02-04-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

lmao gang bang
Old 02-04-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

HaHa!!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TXws6
lol its a friggin sig dude... Fill this out it may help.
I am taking that complaint form to work. I have some new soldiers who could "use" it. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Hillary Clinton screenname BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Signature Editing by mods BS!