User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Whats up with the paypal fees?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont think for a minute that fees are not added in eveyday.

everytime you buy something its already added in. its just hidden. you have no reason posting in other peoples thread about them charging paypal fees. get a flucking life.

let me guess you have never broken or bent any rules before? oh wait you already did by trolling ads in the for sale section and posting the above mentioned.

please do not buy anything from this site. you will be more of a hassle than anything

Old 09-02-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it pisses you off that much then hey.. send a money order/cashiers check. 99% of the sellers on here will accept them, and your bank shouldn't charge you for them either (at least mine doesn't).

Most of the time I will offer to cover the PP fees, because in the end, I'm still getting the part for far less than sticker price. A couple of extra bucks isn't going to break the bank.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Alt
And I would have bought from you, if you were an honest seller that followed not only the rules set by ls1tech but the rules set by the method in which you accept payment.
I use shipping and paypal fees as a negotiating tool. people will always give you a low ball offer. I do not blame them I do it too. but if I state paypal fees and shipping not included then they will realize they are getting an extra 3% off by not getting charged the paypal fees. Plenty of buyers realize this and all have the choice by not buying an item. But please skip any of my classified ads becouse I will not sell anything to you anyway.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CamaroSS19
This is like the old lady at the supermarket thats complianing that she was overcharged 10 cents . I just want thow the dime at her for holding up the line .
+2.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:42 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Try paying 3% on a $5,000 set of wheels and tires. That is $150 just to use paypal? Screw that. I disagree with paypal's policy, they really shouldn't even give a **** who pays the fee since they get the money either way. Whether the seller or buyer pays the fee, they still get their damn 3%.

If you don't like the terms of a sale, MOVE ON. That is your choice. People still sell a shitload of parts here, even when they pass the 3% paypal fee to the buyer. So, people are still willing to buy at that agreement. This is a deal between buyer and seller, paypal shouldn't be involved at all.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Try paying 3% on a $5,000 set of wheels and tires. That is $150 just to use paypal? Screw that. I disagree with paypal's policy, they really shouldn't even give a **** who pays the fee since they get the money either way. Whether the seller or buyer pays the fee, they still get their damn 3%.

If you don't like the terms of a sale, MOVE ON. That is your choice. People still sell a shitload of parts here, even when they pass the 3% paypal fee to the buyer. So, people are still willing to buy at that agreement. This is a deal between buyer and seller, paypal shouldn't be involved at all.
thank you.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

As a power seller on Ebay I also include a Handling fee in my auctions based on the total amount that I expect the auction to reach to cover the Paypal fee's.
Once you add up listing fee's, Final value fee's, Paypal fee's ect,ect..
Depending on how much or how little the actual amount of money is sometimes you end up with so little it isnt even worth the time and effort..

If I sold something to some one on here and the buyer wanted to use Paypal I would do the same thing but I would let the buyer know a head of time howmuch and why I was requesting additional money..
If they don't like it then they can always spend 50 cents to mail the payment..
Old 09-03-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Badmire68
I use shipping and paypal fees as a negotiating tool. people will always give you a low ball offer. I do not blame them I do it too. but if I state paypal fees and shipping not included then they will realize they are getting an extra 3% off by not getting charged the paypal fees. Plenty of buyers realize this and all have the choice by not buying an item. But please skip any of my classified ads becouse I will not sell anything to you anyway.
What pisses me off from SOME members on here is that they want everything for nothing. There is a low ball than there is a LOW BALL. I don't low ball ever when buying and will negotiate paypal and shipping fees and end up paying them in the long run. Especially being from Canada. In the end for most transactions the 3% ammounts to a few dollars however when I am selling over 10 grand of parts this is obviously a good chunk of change.

It really boils down to if you don't like it than use a different form of payment, its that easy. I just prefer to take the hit and use paypal since its so much easier and faster.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

This thread is done - admin's have spoken, several mods have chimed in. Follow the guidelines and mind your own business.

Quick Reply: Whats up with the paypal fees?