User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Lounge or BS section request... (Western Section)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red face Lounge or BS section request... (Western Section)

Hi Admins/Mods... I'm guessing TITAN may have mentioned something already in your Admin/Mod forum section about the western section issues lately. 1st of all, let me say, that i'm not on here trying to start any kind of trouble. But I was hoping for some kind of compromise...

Lately there have been some issues about members in the western section posting threads not having anything to do with car related things or western things... purely just lounge type talk between each other...

As of lately, we've really learned that this is apparently not allowed... as a few of us have gotten temporary bans because of it (myself included)... some members are taking it quite offensively... some are not.

To be honest, we are all a bit confused on why these rules are in place...? And just hoping for some clarification here.... and really hoping for a change...

I know it's a long shot, but to be honest, I don't see these problems going away unless half the western section is banned...

I know TITAN recommended taking it to the "Lounge" section... but we are all in pretty much agreement that we want to keep the discussions in the Western section because those are the people of which we know personally, hang out with on the weekends or whenever, and know each other beyond LS1Tech... Can there be some sort of compromise?

Maybe a Lounge section for the western forum...? or even labeled B.S. threads..?

Thanks guys for taking the time to read this and I hope there can be some kind of compromise here...
Old 09-13-2008, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya what he said
Old 09-13-2008, 01:19 AM
11 Second Club

I see nothing but good coming from this. Rules can be changed, where would this world be if we never changed the rules or updated them.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
where would this world be if we never changed the rules or updated them.
we would still have slaves
Old 09-13-2008, 01:42 AM
TECH Resident

im all for it!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:56 AM
TECH Regular

couldn't have said it better myself. we use ls1tech as our main source of information for our vehicles and also use it for communicating online setting up car events and of course the personal bs stuff spurs up out of fun and we get dinged for it.

I understand TITAN is doing his job but clarification/area creation would be nice.

thanks for your consideration.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:57 AM
TECH Regular

Please, I am all for it. I tend to get out of control sometimes with the insulting comments and pictures, and we would have a lot more fun if we could just flame eachother in good fun where it is allowed... the western section is really busy, and would leave more traffic for actual car and western stuff instead of just bull sh*tting.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rules can be changed by the owners of this site. if you want to change the rules either start your own website or (easier) PM the admins of ls1tech. THere is no post whoring allowed on this site. there is a dedicated lounge for BS and discussing whatever is on your mind (within the rules). the local forums are for local interest that are still LSX/Auto related. i dont see a reason for this forum to be mob ruled since its owned by a private entity that has commercial interests run by adults. This site is first and foremost an LSX racing and technical site. if you dont have interest in this area, then the owners will not allow their investment to be destroyed b/c some immature kids dont get their way. I know this is not the majority or even many, just a few arrogant and immature few.

Man up
Have some class
Go make bullshit posts about your BM that morning somewhere else

These "problems" with young kids posting bullshit will go away when they either realize how it makes them look like a complete fool to postwhore OR bans/locks start flying out of here. The last thing i want to do is ban/lock. it wastes everyones time. If some wants "change" vote for Obama OR start your own website.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Last edited by gator's 99TA; 09-13-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

We have a lounge for a reason, post in there if you want to. There's no need for a ton of separate lounges or off-topic sections.