Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

98 Firebird Trans AM, 385ci supercharged, very low miles

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 1998
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $15000
Mileage: 7400
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

did it make 702 without nitrous?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willis8895
did it make 702 without nitrous?
Yes, with 100 octane unleaded.

BUMP, still for sale!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Teching In

still for sale? I'd like to talk PM me ur #
Old 04-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by toocooltayler
still for sale? I'd like to talk PM me ur #
BUMP, yes it's still for sale. Now that we're approaching Summer, the price is FIRM though, still a great deal!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Teching In

wish you were closer to so.florida.......
Old 04-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Teching In

can you pm your number.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Teching In

PM'd you.

If anyone is interested and wants to talk, please PM me your number and a good time to call. I've been working a lot lately and can't always answer my cell phone. Also, feel free to PM any specific questions you have. Note that dyno sheets are posted a few posts down from the original post on page 1.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant believe this car hasnt sold yet! Is this a clean title car? no accidents or anything? do you have any pics of the interior??
Old 04-19-2010, 01:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NXPRSS
I cant believe this car hasnt sold yet! Is this a clean title car? no accidents or anything? do you have any pics of the interior??
I can't believe it has not sold either. It is a complete steal at this price. The title is clean, never wrecked. Very low miles (less than 8000 original miles, less then 1200 on this motor). The interior is gray leather and like new. Even the original floor mats are in almost new condition. I'll try to post some interior pics in a day or two.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Teching In

BUYER BEWARE
deal sounds fishy
I talked to shey about the car about 3 weeks ago asked about paper work he said he would send it weeks ago wanted to know more about the car. ran a car fax came back clean. I was approved for the loan bought a plane ticket (155$ one way non refunable dumb on my part)on 4/29/10 with the intent to fly out there and have someone do a compression test on engine he was fine with that. I was waitng for more info like supercharger specs engine specs etc... he said to call his shop called the shop the owner gave me a little more info he said that it was a upgraded g trim, 55 pound injectors and a t rex pump?? he said it only made 560ish (cant remember excetly) on the supercharger he then said it made 650ish on the bottle plus blower??? so i called shey back he said that was on the old motor. meanwhile he says he was working so much and could not find the paperwork or give me more info. he said when he got the paperwork he would take a picture of it but not send the copies of it?????? so on 5/8/10 i said forget the compression test lets just put it on the dyno i would have paid for it of course. His tone changed quickly and said that he makes 1500 dollars a day and cant take off that much work but would get back to me and that he would send the paper work monday. Sunday i called him said that i can wait around the airport till 1 or 2 in the afternoon while he gets a part day in. never heard from him again till i got this email on 5/10/10 flight leaves on 5/12/10 and no paperwork mind you

Hi Beau,

I've been thinking about your request and I also talked to my wife about
the situation as well. Here is where I stand:

If you're interested in the car, come out to San Diego and take a look.
You can visually inspect the car inside and out. We'll take it for a
drive. As long as you have valid insurance and a valid driver's license
(which I'll need to see) you can take it for a short drive after signing
a waiver and taking full responsibility for the car. This is a very
powerful car after all.

This entire process should take no more than 1 hour. The car is yours
for $15,000 if you want it, along with all the paperwork I can muster up
and extra parts that I have for it.

My decision is final. If you choose not to buy it, I completely
understand, and there are no hard feelings on my part.

why would i fly out one way then buy i 400$ same day ticket out. my thought is he blew the ls1 got a stock lq4 slapped the g trim back on sprayed the **** out of it 200 shot and made 700rwhp. so i am out 155$ and messed up my work week.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your post is ridiculous.

Your last sentence is a complete fabrication of reality, yet you posted it in his forsale thread with zero facts to support it.

You wanted him to dyno his car for you? That is pretty ridiculous. I can understand wanting proof, but why do you think that is reasonable?

This "deal sounds fishy" because you are a drama buyer. I have seen this car in person, I've seen it on the dyno, and I've seen it at various car meets. I am not guaranteeing anything about the car, but your post is unfounded and unnecessary.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Teching In

if you saw it on the dyno did he use nos, what blower was it, what type of pistons heads etc, I never got anything so the only way to protect myself was to have it dynoed cause a butt dyno can be misleading. just cause you met the guy a couple of times doesnt mean he would not miss lead someone. and if i am wrong i would be the first one to admit it. i dont think i am out of line at all on this anybody else think a dyno is out of line when paying 15k for a car
Old 05-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Thank you for the vouch Sean. I appreciate it!

STLLT1, before you go talking ****, please understand that me and my cars are very well known in San Diego. This car has been around a long time and many people have seen it at various dyno days. I am reporting your post to the LS1Tech admin for removal.

The car is still for sale.

I have dyno sheets for 654 RWHP and 702 RWHP on 100 octane unleaded. The motor was built to produce 1000 RWHP and can handle *alot* more boost than it has now.

FWIW, I sold both my 640 RWHP Viper and my 1000 RWHP Chevelle to local guys. Both sales were concluded in less than an hour.

Last edited by Sheyster; 05-11-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheyster
Thank you for the vouch Sean. I appreciate it!

STLLT1, before you go talking ****, please understand that me and my cars are very well known in San Diego. This car has been around a long time and many people have seen it at various dyno days. I am reporting your post to the LS1Tech admin for removal.

The car is still for sale.

I have dyno sheets for 654 RWHP and 702 RWHP on 100 octane unleaded. The motor was built to handle 1000 RWHP and can handle *alot* more boost than it has now.

FWIW, I sold both my 640 RWHP Viper and my 1000 RWHP Chevelle to local guys. Both sales were concluded in less than an hour.
Not a problem.

I remember your viper too. It was the first propane/nos setup I had ever seen on a car.

For further verification of Shey's car, a potential buyer could also post in the LS1.com Western section. Many of the "old time" members there are also familiar with this car.

I remember talking to you right after that engine got put in. Your build was one of the first built LS1 cars I knew of. Your 700rwhp dyno numbers were among the highest LS1 based numbers at the time. No one with an LS1 was making power like that.

I can also vouch for Jack Williams and the quality of their paint work. Jack Williams painted my vette, my cadillac and my dad's vette. They do great work.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont think that lt1 guys request is wrong at all. if i was spending that kinda money i would want PROOF of what i was buying. if you bought a diamond ring would you just take someones word for it? or would you bring it to a jewler? i know i would. i bought a car once and when i got it home and tore into it........ it was missing a lot of the internal engine parts the guy claimed he had done to it. it drove great and pulled hard, but it wasnt what he said it was.

all i'm saying is you cant blame a guy for wanting to make sure of what he's buying, especially when he's getting two diff stories from the seller and the guy that built it for the seller. that woudl raise red flags to me and to anyone who doesnt thing that, you mind friend have yet to be burned.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Teching In

why cant you send the paper work since you could not do that i wanted to put it on the dyno. i mean your mechanic told me things that would make me question the whole deal so of course i would want to see what the car could do. shey how long does it take to put the car on the dyno for one pull??? not long. good thing southwest gave me credit.

Last edited by STLLT1; 05-11-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Teching In

This is the last post I will have about the matter above.

This car is not a hard sell. I encourage anyone to come and check out the car. I also encourage anyone to go to the Western forum and ask about it. It was the first LS1 car in San Diego to have a blower on the original 346ci motor. It was also the first LS1 in the area with an iron-block 383/385, to my knowledge. It is an absolute steal for the price. I also have at least two dyno graphs to prove my numbers. The dyno runs have been witnessed by dozens of people in the area. I'm not going to take time off work and *TRY* to sell this car to a guy who may or may not buy.

Tireburnin is right. STLL1 is a drama buyer. I sensed this during our last telephone conversation. I think his posts above in my sales thread pretty much prove that. He called me at least 2-3 times a day for over a week after saying he wanted to buy the car and I faxed paperwork to his credit union. Frankly, I was just getting tired of talking about it. I got the sense he thought he was being ripped off and that this deal was too good to be true. Well, it is definitely an amazing deal, and everything I've said about the car is completely accurate. Anyone who is interested will not be wasting their time checking out this car.

Last edited by Sheyster; 05-11-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Teching In

i did not call you 3 times a day!!!! if i did call it was cause the deal was in motion had to have you sign loan paper work. of course i did call to try to find out info after waiting for info but i would only call once out of respect for your long work day. its funny it was pretty much a done deal i have a check at home from my credit union with your name on it. You think i have a one way ticket, checks in hand and i was coming to kick some tires?????????? thats crazy its also funny that you have time to mess around on these boards but not fax or email me some copies of some proof of this so called engine and blower. so please make an *** of me post them up right here!!!!because i spent 2 hours trying to find nick augustino and his shop that closed 5 years ago he said he had no paper work. also why would you be ok with a compression test that would take 3 to 4 hours but not ok with one dyno pull that would take 30 min????????
Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Do you think I live right next door to a dyno shop? The nearest place is at least 45 minutes away, one way. This car is priced for a quick sale. I don't have time to play these silly immature games or argue with buyers who can't make up their mind. First you wanted a comp test, I agreed. Next a dyno. What next? A 1/4 mile run in the car?! Find another car to buy and GTFO of my damn thread.

Quick Reply: 98 Firebird Trans AM, 385ci supercharged, very low miles