Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1963 Nova SS LS1 Race car Waco Tx 576 RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1963 Nova SS LS1 Race car Waco Tx 576 RWHP

I bought this car about 3 yrs ago. I wanted an old school race car with a new LS1 style engine and new coil over suspension. The man I bought it from said it had been in his family as a race car for over 30 yrs. It is from back in the day. It has a 6 point cage in it, some patch work in the floor board. It has been mini tubed and lightened some. There is no door glass. The hood is fiberglass. It has an aluminum kirkey seat in it. The steering wheel has a disconnect on it also. Glass windshield and back glass and plastic rear side glass, the vents are glass also.I am in the process of repainting it,I am just going to do a basic white paint job.If someone wants I don’t see any reason why I cant paint it the color they want.It runs a 10.32 ET and 145 MPH I am located in Waco/Hewitt Texas.PM me your email address and I will send you pics.I want 10,500 for the car Thanks Mark

Suspension: Heidts coil over front clip with manual rack drop spindles disc brakes and LS1 engine mounting kit. TCI coil over rear clip with 4 link and tracking bar. 350lb front springs and 90lb rear springs, fully adjustable on all 4 corners. Tilton master cylinders and tilton brake pedal assembly with all braided lines and line lock. Line lock button on shifter ****. All 4 disc brakes.

Rear-End: 1957 olds 9.3 narrowed rear-end; 4.88 gears; full spool with after marked axles with disc brakes.

Wheels and Tires: 15x10 rear weld wheels with 7.5 back space MT stiff wall; 29.5x10 tires, weld front runners with 28.0 Hoosier front tires; All tires have about 25 passes on them.

Engine: 380 CID LS1 6.0 liter block; bored and honed with deck plate 4.060 X 3.62 stroke Block and crank had 11,000 miles on it when I got it. Standard/standard crank, coated bearings, main studs and head studs; Ealge H beam 6.125 rods and diamond flat top pistons, pins and rings gaped for NO2; complete balanced assembly; LG Motorsports G5X3 Cam-238/242 60/610 112 LSA; double roller timing chain; melling oil pump; F body oil pan; MTI stage III ported, big bore cylinder heads; 2.08 intake and 1.60 valves-341CFM intake; 229 CFM exhaust @ 6.50 lift; with bronze guides; 6.50 lift springs and titanium retainers; cosmetic head gaskets; there were brand new 243 castings; .080 hardened push rods; 1.8 harland sharp rockers; ported GMPP intake matched to the heads; Meziere electric water pump, BMR alternator bracket; patriot headers; new alternator and starter; TCI adapter flywheel; MSD plug wires; 36.5 pertronics injectors; aeromotive A1000 fuel pump and regulator; #10 fuel line, #6 return, after market fuel rails; 60lb system; 10 micron, 100 micron fuel filters,all braded lines and AN fittings; F body 90 degree elbow with a Holly 90mm TB and 85mm mass air flow sensor; 11:25 compression; new GM 2001 F-body processor; custom stand alone wiring harness; chassis dynoed and tuned by G-Force in Pearland Texas; 420 RWHP on motor and 576 RWHP on spray off the dyno; with 150 jets, can go up to 300 hp on spray;I have only run it at the track with 100 HP jets in it. I also have a MSD timing twister that I have not installed that goes with it.That will make it really easy to go up or down on spray.

Tuning: To get the car started and running, I sent the processor to G-Force and Mike put a basic start up and run program in it. I ran the car about 20 passes at 11.80 to be sure that there were no problems,after final tune it put down 420 RWHP on motor and 576 RWHP on spray on the dyno. I do have the dyno sheets and some wiring info and instructions that go with the car. The car has been running for 3 yrs and there are no failure codes in the computer. It starts and runs perfect.

Nitrous: Nitrous outlet EFI kit with a Zex perimeter 4 V plate; has a heater and purge, head mount solenoid bracket; blanket and blow down tube; the EFI fogger jet is in the air intake tube and is not being used.

Transmission: 1.76 power glide with TCI internals, 4500 TCI converter, ultra bell housing, hurst shifter with electric shift, hipster trans brake and valve body, no spill dip stick tube, TCI trans cooler with electric fan and temp gauge.

Electronics: GM EFI system, Biondo mega 400 delay box, adjustable Synergy 2 step.MSD timing twister.MSD wires.

Exhaust: patriot headers, 3 inch sebring mufflers, very easy to remove.

There is NO TITLE bill of sale only,I did run the VIN at the DOT and there are no problems with the VIN.http://waco.craigslist.org/cto/1524066588.html http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=IMG_0219.jpg

Last edited by mddndps; 12-25-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

T t t
Old 12-29-2009, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

T t t
Old 01-02-2010, 12:13 AM
10 Second Club

T t t