Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2003 Z06 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010 | 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by valdeztke
I just sold a forged 427 C6 w similar miles (less than 30,000 on the motor) for $23,000. The market blows right now.
my point exactly! thank you! 100k mile is is alot. regardless of whats done to the car.
Old 01-13-2010 | 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Letsndy
my point exactly! thank you! 100k mile is is alot. regardless of whats done to the car.
Big difference between a C6 and a c5 z06. big difference between just a forged motor and a built motor. Big difference between stock drive train and one built to handle a 1000 rwhp.

Big difference between i don't care what you think about my sale price you still can't buy a c5 z06 and build it to my specs for under $30,000.00

Thats the car at $18,000.00 and mods of $12,000 in mods labor of $5500.00

So all in all it's about what someone wants! Dude you must be pissed that you can't afford my car and thats not my issue just go away already!

And i dont have to sell it nor do i care if it sells i paid cash for it and i am going to pay cash for the new car so if it doesn't sell it can sit in the garage before i will give it away! By the way if you want it the price is double!
Old 01-13-2010 | 09:32 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by AZNastyz06
Big difference between a C6 and a c5 z06. big difference between just a forged motor and a built motor. Big difference between stock drive train and one built to handle a 1000 rwhp.

Big difference between i don't care what you think about my sale price you still can't buy a c5 z06 and build it to my specs for under $30,000.00

Thats the car at $18,000.00 and mods of $12,000 in mods labor of $5500.00

So all in all it's about what someone wants! Dude you must be pissed that you can't afford my car and thats not my issue just go away already!

And i dont have to sell it nor do i care if it sells i paid cash for it and i am going to pay cash for the new car so if it doesn't sell it can sit in the garage before i will give it away! By the way if you want it the price is double!
Hahaha classic! Im out man nice car and build though. Looks like its a Sierra Denali instead of another car *sigh* practicality sucks sometimes.

Good luck with the sale
Old 01-13-2010 | 10:28 PM
On The Tree

sorry to hear cam i can go $24,500.00
Old 01-14-2010 | 01:28 AM
TECH Addict

you can't buy a stock 03 z06 for that price! Your in another planet brother if you think a car this built is way too much!
lol funny that you say that since i just bought an immaculate(in my opinion for the price) 02 z06 with 49k clear title, brand new ls2 shortblock,l92 heads with ls3 intake setup,pat G specd cam, monster level 4 clutch,as well as all the bolt ons and ARH 1 7/8 headers and put down 475rwhp with 2k on the shortblock. oh and i payed 18.5k

wasnt trying to be a dick in my post because your z06 is something that i was looking for but the price is outrageous and there is just now way you well get anywere near 25k and if you think you are going to get all of the money you spent in modifications thats were you are making your mistake. be ready to take a loss when or if you decide to sell the car.

GLWS!
Old 01-14-2010 | 01:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 50ithSILVERz06
lol 16 or 17k is base model 98 corvette money lol probably with an automatic tranny at that, ill admit it looks kind of gone through but im sure its a rocket and 25k firm is a great price
try again http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...-12-900-a.html

you guys are not doing yalls homework
Old 01-14-2010 | 01:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 50ithSILVERz06
lol 16 or 17k is base model 98 corvette money lol probably with an automatic tranny at that, ill admit it looks kind of gone through but im sure its a rocket and 25k firm is a great price

and this is what you get for under 16k and it isnt so base model like you stated above. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...-15-000-a.html
Old 01-14-2010 | 08:40 AM
11 Second Club

The Corvette forum is a place where Corvette owners with inflated egos and inflated views of their cars value place ads with overinflated prices trying to hook an unsuspecting sucker to buy their "never in the rain" "always garaged" "hate to sell it" "car of my dreams" yada yada yada.

Once in a while, a serious seller posts up over there and the car sells. For the most part, cars just sit there and don't move. Forum cheerleaders that don't want to look stupid for paying way too much for their Corvettes try to keep prices inflated by criticizing real sellers with prices that move cars.

You want to know what's happening with Corvette sales? Go to the big auction site and do a search on completed sales. Not much is actually selling. There are far more Corvettes for sale than there are real buyers with money in hand. What sells is going for less than private party Edmunds/KBB/NADA values and sometimes less than tade-in with the exception of very low mileage cars.

Modifications and modified cars appeal to a limited market and dealers will always deduct for modifications if they will even buy or take a modded car in trade.
Old 01-14-2010 | 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

Mine took 6 months and 21,000 views.

As far as your forged motor vs built motor - I don't get it. My car had every piece of the internal forged and was a new block and larger CI. You have a few parts replaced...stock heads, crank, rods...
Old 01-14-2010 | 11:58 AM
On The Tree

As far as your forged motor vs built motor - I don't get it. My car had every piece of the internal forged and was a new block and larger CI. You have a few parts replaced...stock heads, crank, rods...
only thing stock in the motor is stock crank and pistons.
Old 01-14-2010 | 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowlsx

this is a bone stock 99 coupe and that is a good price. Nothing to compare to a 03 z06 so invalid point here!
Old 01-14-2010 | 12:01 PM
On The Tree

and this is what you get for under 16k and it isnt so base model like you stated above. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...-15-000-a.html
second car you posted is a 98 coupe nice mods but still not a comparison to an 03 z06! Case again of invalid point!
Old 01-14-2010 | 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Also a 98 coupe built for 15k i am asking 10k more for an 03!
Lets see

coupe vs z06 worth 5k
98 vs 03 thats worth 5k

so i really fail to see how your postings of cars that are 5 years older than mine are valid. Hey i am sorry you cant afford my car but the facts are what they are you cananot buy a 2003 z06 and do all the mods i have right now for close to 25k for a total package!
Old 01-14-2010 | 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Read the build sheet AFR 205 heads are far from stock!
Old 01-14-2010 | 12:16 PM
On The Tree

lol funny that you say that since i just bought an immaculate(in my opinion for the price) 02 z06 with 49k clear title, brand new ls2 shortblock,l92 heads with ls3 intake setup,pat G specd cam, monster level 4 clutch,as well as all the bolt ons and ARH 1 7/8 headers and put down 475rwhp with 2k on the shortblock. oh and i payed 18.5k

wasnt trying to be a dick in my post because your z06 is something that i was looking for but the price is outrageous and there is just now way you well get anywere near 25k and if you think you are going to get all of the money you spent in modifications thats were you are making your mistake. be ready to take a loss when or if you decide to sell the car.

GLWS!
Ok so you found a good price and good for you. But does your car have a built transmission? Built rear differental? Harden output shafts? Dte brace to handle the drive train flex with the power?

Take your 18.5k add $3000.00 for tranny installed and $3100.00 for rear diff installed and $400 for dte brace add $800.00 for half shafts add $2000 for year difference 02 to 03 being mine is 50th anniversary badged.

Thats $27,800.00 in my estimate to make your car equivalant to mine on paper. Also my AFR heads cost alot more than l92 heads. And has your fuels system been upgraded to handle the fuel needs? I could add alot more costs ls3 intake vs fast 90
ARH headers vs lg pro and high flow cats
stock cat back vs B&B prt cat back
stock brake sytem vs drilled and slotted rotors and hawk pads
stock torque tube setup vs solid bushing torque tube set up
Monster clutch vs textrilia clutch
stock hood vs aftermarket hoodaftermarket block vs original block

So in a nut shell you guys can all do your comparisons but the point is you cannot buy a 03 z06 for 18k and mod it and even get close to my sale price!
Old 01-14-2010 | 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kenp
The Corvette forum is a place where Corvette owners with inflated egos and inflated views of their cars value place ads with overinflated prices trying to hook an unsuspecting sucker to buy their "never in the rain" "always garaged" "hate to sell it" "car of my dreams" yada yada yada.

Once in a while, a serious seller posts up over there and the car sells. For the most part, cars just sit there and don't move. Forum cheerleaders that don't want to look stupid for paying way too much for their Corvettes try to keep prices inflated by criticizing real sellers with prices that move cars.

You want to know what's happening with Corvette sales? Go to the big auction site and do a search on completed sales. Not much is actually selling. There are far more Corvettes for sale than there are real buyers with money in hand. What sells is going for less than private party Edmunds/KBB/NADA values and sometimes less than tade-in with the exception of very low mileage cars.

Modifications and modified cars appeal to a limited market and dealers will always deduct for modifications if they will even buy or take a modded car in trade.
Spoken like a true hater of corvettes or someone who can't afford one!
Old 01-14-2010 | 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

Read the build sheet AFR 205 heads are far from stock!
I feel like an idiot.
Old 01-14-2010 | 03:33 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Why are you guys thrashing on this guy because he wants to sell his car? You dont want it or dont like the price then fine dont buy it but I see no reason at all why you guys have to harass this dude and bash down his car. Its a nice ride that looks to be in excellent shape with top shelf go fast parts on it. So if anyone has any class left just let the guy sell it and keep your bitching to yourself no one wants to hear it
Old 01-14-2010 | 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

As a fellow Corvette guy - I just wanted to let him know what mine went for. Thats all. I love the car and don't care about his price. Just wanted to let him know what I went through.
Old 01-14-2010 | 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Ok so you found a good price and good for you. But does your car have a built transmission? Built rear differental? Harden output shafts? Dte brace to handle the drive train flex with the power?

Take your 18.5k add $3000.00 for tranny installed and $3100.00 for rear diff installed and $400 for dte brace add $800.00 for half shafts add $2000 for year difference 02 to 03 being mine is 50th anniversary badged.

Thats $27,800.00 in my estimate to make your car equivalant to mine on paper. Also my AFR heads cost alot more than l92 heads. And has your fuels system been upgraded to handle the fuel needs? I could add alot more costs ls3 intake vs fast 90
ARH headers vs lg pro and high flow cats
stock cat back vs B&B prt cat back
stock brake sytem vs drilled and slotted rotors and hawk pads
stock torque tube setup vs solid bushing torque tube set up
Monster clutch vs textrilia clutch
stock hood vs aftermarket hoodaftermarket block vs original block

So in a nut shell you guys can all do your comparisons but the point is you cannot buy a 03 z06 for 18k and mod it and even get close to my sale price!

well you are right for the most part but i payed 7k less then what you are asking for your car and it has 50k less in miles then yours aswell so if i were to add a built diff and built tranny it would be around 23k since nobody touches my vehicles except me and my father, but i will still have 49k on odometer.My first post in this thread was not to tell you, your car is a peice of **** because obviously it is not but i was just suggesting lowering the price because a z06 with 100k on the clock will not sell for 25k period.

and the ad's that i posted up were not towards your car, they were towards the guy that said for 16k you could get a base model 98-99 corvette which is far from sureal. look on the corvette forums you will see.

Quick Reply: 2003 Z06 Corvette