Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1996 Silverado K1500 Z71 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Silverado K1500 Z71 4x4

Year: 1996
Make: Chevrolet
Model: C/K 1500
Price: $3500
Mileage: 225000
Location (State): MI
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

1996 Chevrolet Silverado K1500
Extended Cab, Short Box, Step Side. 4 Wheel Drive
Z71 Suspension Package
Brush Guard, Bug Deflector, Lund Windshield Visor
Green Exterior with Black Lower Trim, Tan Cloth Interior.
225,XXX miles
Pioneer CD player, with Samsung portable XM/MP3 player installed as well
5000k HID low beam headlights
Towing Package. Keyless Entry. Drop-In Bedliner

the truck has some rust on the bottoms of the extended cabs, but it can be fixed with caps from a truck supply store. the truck also has a cracked windshield, which I was quoted at $165 from belle tire to replace. The truck has had the lower control arms on the front end replaced, as well as the pittman arm and the idler arm at the same time. it has a slight oil leak from what we think is the oil pan gasket. it hasn't consumed a quart of oil in the 3 months that i've owned it. The previous owner replaced the radiator and the battery replaced recently. The transmission fluid is bright red, and the transmission shifts smoothly. 4x4 engages. Motor is the 5.0 (305 CI), Gaskets on the top end have been replaced in the last 10k-25k miles from our estimate. truck does throw a code for catalytic converters, but I delete it with my code scanner. this can be remedied by replacing the cats, or deleting the cats with an aftermarket exhaust system, as well as a rear o2 emulator. The car has a clean carfax report, I am the 3rd registered owner.

I bought the truck as a winter beater, but I quickly learned that this truck is far from a beater. It has a few cosmetic issues, but they don't detract from the fact that this is a strong truck. It runs great and hasn't died on me yet. I'm just looking for something smaller. it barely fits in my garage, and I have no use for a large 4x4. This truck has handled BEAUTIFULLY in the two major snowstorms we've had this year thusfar. they don't plow my street until 3-4 days after the storm, so the 4x4 has been great to have.

Asking $3500 or best offer. The truck is worth $3800 with the miles and the accessories, and the condition considered (fair). look for yourself on www.kbb.com.

I would be willing to trade for an automatic transmission, extended cab S10 or Sonoma plus cash from you, or a 98 or newer Grand Prix GT or GTP/Buick Regal (plus cash from you, depending on year/condition). i'd like to end up with a Trans Am, but i'm afraid it might be a little too early to start driving one in western michigan.

email blinkfoundgvsu@gmail.com for more pictures

apologies if i appear to be a "newb", i've been registered on clubGP since 2005 as user blinkGV
Old 01-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Teching In

nothing eh? opened up to other trades.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Teching In

here are the recent pics.
http://s487.photobucket.com/albums/r...greengt/Truck/

Quick Reply: 1996 Silverado K1500 Z71 4x4