Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

'78 W72 WS6 4 Speed FT/FS

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010 | 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up '78 W72 WS6 4 Speed FT/FS

Year: 1978
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $12500
Mileage: 127000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IN
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

For sale or possible trade.

My PHS documented 1978 W72 WS6 4 Speed Trans Am - info below:

The Body
The car originally came from the factory as a paint code 11 Cameo White car. The owner in AZ/NV decided he would restore the car but wanted a color change. Instead of opting for a modern color he picked code 24 Martinique Blue. Clearly the car was taken apart to be color changed because you cannot see white anywhere. If you look in the fender extractors you will see blue paint, not over spray. In my limited knowledge of body work, I can see that the left rear quarter appears to have been patched with a panel and the right has been repaired. The doors are nice but the dr doors has been changed at some point and repainted. It is slightly off. The paint on this car is nice and shiny and if you were to wet sand and buff it would be even more beautiful. The decals really make it pop in my opinion.

The Interior
The interior came from the factory in Black Deluxe Lombardy cloth and the rear seat remains. The front seats were replace with some nice black aftermarket seats and they really hug you and are comfortable. They compliment the interior very nicely. The options include: A/C, TW, Pulse Wipers and RWD. The dash has no cracks or warpage. Carpet, headliner and rear deck are restored as well. I have acquired the dr side hvac duct that was missing and it is included.

The Drivetrain
The car came from the factory with the W72 220 hp WC code engine option. The original block is there but when it was rebuilt the previous owner upgraded to casting number 62 big valve/compression heads. The originals were not with the car when I got it. I have tried to get the receipts for this car but have not been able to. The way it runs it has definitely been upgraded. It runs great on 93 octane and as you can tell by the link below, it sounds nasty. There was quite a few nice chrome pieces added to the engine when it was done. - Chrome Alt, Chrome core support bars, chrome pulleys and chrome hinges. Once the engine bay is detailed they will stand out nicely.
The BW T-10 was swapped out for a Doug Nash 4 Speed and it shifts good. I was told a heavy duty clutch was installed as well and it works great. The rear end gears were also changed out to 3.73 and it is limited slip.

The Chassis
The chassis looks to have been painted black at the time of restoration but has road grime allover it. It has upgraded sway bars and KYB shocks. There is no rust issues in the floors or frame rails. I added brand new 17" American Racing 200s (Daisies) and new tires when I got the car. It could use an alignment.

As mentioned earlier there are few things that need attention. The steering gear has a small leak (I added Lucas Steering fix and it appears to have stopped.) The transmission does as well. When it got cold here (15*) the locks were very sluggish. I have 2 very nice used actuators that go with the car just in case. The window motors were replaced in 2006. There are no A/C components on the car.
Again this is a very nice car and with some tinkering and detailing over the winter it will be a show winner.

Asking price is $11,500 Cash, $13,000 Trade

Joe Erickson
317-364-6196
Attached Thumbnails '78 W72 WS6 4 Speed FT/FS-78-ta-ps2.jpg  
Old 03-16-2010 | 11:43 PM
12 Second Club

Nice car... Too much for me though. GL
Old 03-17-2010 | 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Ok, thanks for letting me know.
Old 03-19-2010 | 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

The cash price shows $12,500 above and it is actually $11,500

Are there any M6 Formys T/As or GTOs out there?
Old 03-20-2010 | 02:43 PM
Launching!

What a great looking car Ponch, I am looking for a 77-78 T/A myself but in black color. Good luck with the sale man! Bump...
Old 03-20-2010 | 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

More pics please...and I assume you were pu8tting up a link to the car running?

CarterAL@Stoneenergy.com
Old 03-20-2010 | 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnS0VoUYRFI

Link to the car running in July 2009 before I got it.
Old 03-20-2010 | 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Bones, you could always paint it.

I need to take more photos, my desktop took a s&*t.
Old 03-23-2010 | 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Car is now on Epay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...STRK:MESELX:IT